WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

<$50 = Thrifty

Here's the thing: if you're shopping for Christmas gifts a week before Christmas, you're probably not the most thoughtful person. So, you probably don't wanna spend too much money then, either. That's why we put together this sale of cheap sports stuff: to help you save time, money, and thought. Go you!

Quality Posts

• (5:51 PM, 12/18/2012) mammlouk brings us a quick math lesson.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

...usually if I'm shopping a week before the holiday, it's going to be for me, so I'm good with being thrifty. Anyone else in this position or are you all still shopping for others til the last possible second?

I'm just hanging out, really.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

You can tell the Casio G Shock is a world-class wristwatch, or you wouldn't see it in so many Mortimer & Monte videos! And not out of some EON-style big-bucks endorsement deal, either, but just on the merits:

(Not this exact model -- I wear one from the Mudman series.)

borisnorris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages borisnorris

Is lumbar the new fanny?

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

Shouldn't it be >$50= Thrifty (Less than $50) instead of <$50. = Thrifty (Greater than $50 equals thrifty)?

ElectricFuzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ElectricFuzz

I have this exact G-Shock model. I bought it in 2008. It's been through a deployment and it's still going.

borisnorris wrote:Is lumbar the new fanny?

I think "lumbar" has always been the proper name, but "fanny" is just slang. Correct me if I'm wrong.

mibutterflywingz wrote:Shouldn't it be >$50= Thrifty (Less than $50) instead of <$50. = Thrifty (Greater than $50 equals thrifty)?

You have it backwards.

inkycatz

borisnorris wrote:Is lumbar the new fanny?

It sounds classier, don't you think?

criticalmaas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages criticalmaas
mibutterflywingz wrote:Shouldn't it be >$50= Thrifty (Less than $50) instead of <$50. = Thrifty (Greater than $50 equals thrifty)?

came here to say this!

mammlouk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mammlouk

Nope. The alligator eats the bigger number! Imagine putting in X for the item price.

Or you can check here for reference on how greater than/less than works!

X < 50 (X less than 50)
^Alligator eats 50 because it is more food than X

X > 50 (X greater than 50)
^Alligator eats X because it is more food than 50

:D

newfiepage

quality posts: 42 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

mammlouk wrote:Nope. The alligator eats the bigger number! Imagine putting in X for the item price.

X < 50 (X less than 50)
^Alligator eats 50 because it is more food than X

X > 50 (X greater than 50)
^Alligator eats X because it is more food than 50

:D

I remember the alligator! That's funny. Some things stick from our schooling.

inkycatz

newfiepage wrote:I remember the alligator! That's funny. Some things stick from our schooling.

I absolutely use the alligator system whenever in doubt.