12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2772 Private Messages lichme

tonyibarra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyibarra

I'm really unsure on refinished golf balls. In my experience with them (I'm cheap, so I buy refinished a lot, AND I'm a crappy golfer, so I'm continually restocking) I'll hit one wedge shot and have a nice 1/4"-1/2" diameter scuff on the face. Anything that's refinished, be it Pro V1(x), Bridgestone or TaylorMade, when they re-coat the balls to make them look cosmetically better, they end up playing significantly worse. I'll stick to freshly scrubbed, reclaimed not-so-pearly-whites and get a bit more durability. Now, as for actually getting these little things in the damn hole with that flat stick...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PAY ATTENTION TO SHIPPING!!!

Note that if you want it in time for Christmas, you must choose

TWO-DAY SHIPPING

NOTE: Not available to all areas and/or orders. Our system checks with FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) and if the order can't be fulfilled in time, the expedited shipping is denied. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

ThunderThighs

Staff

I guess these would fill up a stocking quite nicely.

I seem to recall good reviews on these. Anybody want to share?

PS: Don't miss the Sport.Woot video podcast on the Sport.Woot main page!

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

leggo1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leggo1
ThunderThighs wrote:I guess these would fill up a stocking quite nicely.

sure, I can share that these things SUCK. Got 3 dozen in a deal or two ago. Things things are scuffed, cut, and generally look Shyte. I picked thru and found 4 out of a dozen that I could use, the rest... in the shag bag. DONT DO IT.

ThunderThighs

Staff

leggo1 wrote:sure, I can share that these things SUCK. Got 3 dozen in a deal or two ago. Things things are scuffed, cut, and generally look Shyte. I picked thru and found 4 out of a dozen that I could use, the rest... in the shag bag. DONT DO IT.

Are you sure you didn't buy from the Recycled balls deal? You can look on Stuff You Bought and go back to that deal to check.

These are Refinished mint.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Titleist Pro V1 or V1x Golf Balls–12pk - Prices Compared

Today's Woot = $14.99 + $5 Shipping
Woot today price shipped beats lowest found V1 price (KP Superstore) by $6.99 and V1x (Amazon) by $1.79

After School.com = (Pro V1) $38.49 + $4.49 Shipping except Free 2 day Shipping on orders $49.00+
http://www.afterschool.com/p/titleist-pro-v1-mint-refinished-golf-balls-12-pack-377786?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_as&utm_term=YEV-2504&utm_campaign=GoogleAW&CAWELAID=1602871328&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

3Balls.com = (Pro V1) $22.45 + $9.95
http://www.3balls.com/product-productid/451116/LINKS-CHOICE-REFINISHED-TITLEIST-PRO-V1X-1DOZEN-MINT&?utm_source=GoogleBase&utm_medium=ShoppingComp&CAWELAID=1227233034&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CNGqhaS1obQCFQyDnQodOgQAhQ

KP Super Store = (Pro V1) $19.99 + $6.99 Shipping
http://www.kingparsuperstore.com/p-19696-pro-v1-refinished-golf-balls-12-pack-by-titleist.aspx?cagpspn=pla&gclid=CKrAp4q2obQCFRRbnAodWjUAaw

Golfsmith = (PRO V1x) $22.99 + $6.99 Shipping
http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30056731/links-choice-refinished-titleist-pro-v1x-mint-grade-golf-balls

Amazon = (Pro V1x) $21.78 + Ships Free
http://www.amazon.com/Titleist-Refinished-Official-Balls-12-Pack/dp/B002WM0R5C

Golf Gear = (Pro V1x) $25.99 + $10.40 Shipping
http://www.golfgearusa.com/titleist-pro-v1x-golf-balls-factory-refinished/

*Shipping Note*
When flat rate shipping not stated shipping was calulated shipping to, NC.

**Search Note**
Above dealers and prices were found using a random Google search. Your own independent search may find differing and/or lower prices.

whocares11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whocares11

If you are a player that fights a slice (me) or a hook don't play this ball. The spin will make your slice or hook worse.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Refinished Titleist Pro V1 or V1x Golf Balls - Reviews & Claims

Amazon 10 Customer Reviews Average Rating 3.5 stars.
http://www.amazon.com/Titleist-Refinished-Official-Balls-12-Pack/product-reviews/B002WM0R5C/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Top Favorable Review (4.0):
good ball good price

"Balls were in very good shape. They seem to scuff easier than the real ones"

Top Critical Review (2.0)
Not Close to Mint Condition (Do Not Buy), Watch Video,
(note: see video at link below) "These golf balls are not refinished by Titleist just to be clear. A company called Knetgolf.com collects them used from golf courses and then refinishes (looks like they just paint them) them. Cuts and wear are very visible even after this refinishing. The video should show you what I am referring to. I will not buy these again. I would rather new ones than the quality I got with these even for the price.'
http://www.amazon.com/review/R11WWDGLUMJU2K/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R11WWDGLUMJU2K

The Advertised Claim (sales pitch video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE8xjt1R5Es

parseven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parseven
ThunderThighs wrote:I guess these would fill up a stocking quite nicely.

PS: Don't miss the Sport.Woot video podcast on the Sport.Woot main page!

I bought the recycled Pro V1s (not these). BIG mistake- was very disappointed in the quality (and I wasn't expecting much).

Interesting, though, in their description it hurled mud on "refinished balls" (these are refinished). Here's a quote from their description on May 12th...

"What are Reload Recycled Golf Balls?

Reload Recycled Golf Balls are “cleaned” recycled golf balls. “Cleaning only” means we utilize a proprietary wash process...

Reload Recycled Golf Balls have NEVER been subjected to a stripping, blasting, or repainting process. A refinished or refurbished golf ball is a very low quality golf ball that goes through an aggressive surface preparation by chemical and/or mechanical stripping of the original paints of the golf ball. The stripped golf ball is then repainted and reprinted. At this point the golf balls performance has been altered in some manner. The weight may have changed, the actual size of the golf ball has been changed due to excessive paint or the dimples of the golf ball have been improperly filled. The stripping and painting of golf balls is usually reserved for the golf balls with the highest value such as Titleist ProV1."

I suppose it comes down to whether you think the resurfacing (painting) of the balls alters them in a way you're not comfortable with.

edsfrow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages edsfrow

I've used these the last 3-4 months since I found them here on Woot. I have also played brand new Pro V1xs before, and I can say that there isn't much difference between the two. 90% of the balls in these pack seem perfect. 1 or 2 might have a small scratch of scuff, but it really doesn't affect the performance of the golf ball. These also have a soft cover, so if you have a fast swing, you will chew up the outside of the ball. This is the case for new, used, recycled, or refinished balls.

The distance and performance of these is just as good as a new ball and I have already recommended to a few of my golfing buddies. Perfect for someone that wants the performance of the Pro V1 or Pro V1x but doesn't want to pay over $40 for a dozen.

jsteed8

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsteed8

I purchased these on Thursday, December 7th and received an email on Saturday, December 15th stating that they could not fulfill my order. If that is the case, how are they now on sale in the main sport.woot page only 2 days after receiving an email that they cannot fulfill my order and therefore why is my order not being fulfilled or shipped?

Also, these were sold in the woot-off, so I wonder if woot can fulfill those orders or this woot.

P.S. they were $15.00 per pack when I purchased

J. Steed

Emmelle57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Emmelle57

These balls look real decent, but they are branded on the side "Refinished ball'. The photo does not show this branding, but you might as well have an XXX-out. No where does the ad or picture show, this branding, probably so that no one can sell nor mistake these balls for 'new'.

lestard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lestard

I also bought 3 12 packs & got only a few usable balls. Cuts, cracks & scuffs on most balls. Not worth it. Not even close to mint.

wasb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wasb

I'm with lichme on this one. Refinished balls look repainted;not new. I like and regularly use mint recycled balls. These look and play like new because they are virtually new. Cost a little more but they are worth the premium and a heck of a lot less that actually new balls.

lichme wrote:Previously Sold On 12/11/2012 for $14.99 (Woot Off)

Previously Sold On 9/21/2012 for $12.99

lukehands

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lukehands

No No No No!!!! I bought these the last time and was very disappointed. They look like they were painted white with many scuffs, scrapes and bubbles from the process. Titleist logo was stamped and very hazy. Buyer beware! Do not buy these!!!

bignick91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bignick91

Beware when buying these types of balls. What companies do is take all the found balls and sell the decent ones as just "used". These are ok since they have only been played a round or so on average. The problem is that for "refurbished" balls they take all the ones that look horrible and just slap some paint on them. If you are cheap like me just look for used ones. A few bucks more but worth it.

ddg123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddg123

I've ordered refinished Titleists before from a prior Woot offer. I thought it would be hard to be disappointed with decent balls for this price, but I was disappointed. Bought 3 dozen and out of the 36 balls found 8 that were not in the promised condition and overall was not pleased with the "repaint" job on them (about 5-6 balls the repainting was sloppy). When I compared them to real ones on the course, I "seemed" to be able to tell the difference - just didn't seem to feel quite right but hard to put my finger on it - of course very circumstantial and not a blind test. All things said, I would much rather buy high quality used and not refinished balls - better know what you are getting. Wouldn't buy these again and gave the rest of mine to my 7yr old son to hit with.

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

When I was a kid I saw a Titleist golf ball in a movie. Might have been a James Bond film. Not sure. From that point on I thought it was pronounced TIT-LEIST. It was many years before I actually realized the proper pronunciation.

sssprinkle

quality posts: 17 Private Messages sssprinkle
ThunderThighs wrote:Are you sure you didn't buy from the Recycled balls deal? You can look on Stuff You Bought and go back to that deal to check.

These are Refinished mint.

These "refinished" balls are much different than recycled balls. I have posted pictures of the several dozen I've purchased previously and they were all in immaculate condition with the word "refinished" on 1 side. To me they play exactly like the new Pro Vs I normally play with. As I've previously noted, the only difference I've found is that I normally play a ball about three rounds before they go in the shag bag. These last about one round. Given as they are 1/3 the price, that works out about just right...

moonshinedakota

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonshinedakota

If you are getting scuff marks on your ball, you suck. Don't buy Pro VI. If you are good, don't buy these. They are scuffed, which very much effects play.

sssprinkle

moonshinedakota wrote:If you are getting scuff marks on your ball, you suck. Don't buy Pro VI. If you are good, don't buy these. They are scuffed, which very much effects play.

I never found a scuffed ball in any of the dozens that I've purchased. Methinks you are confusing your golf balls. Those in the yellow box, as these are, look as good as new...the finish just doesn't last as long.

moonshinedakota

sssprinkle wrote:I never found a scuffed ball in any of the dozens that I've purchased. Methinks you are confusing your golf balls. Those in the yellow box, as these are, look as good as new...

No. People are complaining that they get scuff marks as they play. This is user error. Swing slower and through the ball. And until you're good, buy cheap top flites. And if you're good, don't buy these as they are modified and won't perform as you expect. Just a terrible product.

sssprinkle

moonshinedakota wrote:No. People are complaining that they get scuff marks as they play. This is user error. Swing slower and through the ball. And until you're good, buy cheap top flites. And if you're good, don't buy these as they are modified and won't perform as you expect. Just a terrible product.

Wow, I'm not sure what kind of golfer you are, but if you hit a softer ball (like the Pro V1) with a good hard wedge with a little backspin, you are going to mark up your ball. The better you are, the more this happens. That's why pros change out their balls every 3-6 holes...then again, their balls are free.

Some things that scuff a ball: The grooves on your clubs, playing from a bunker, playing off hard-pan, hitting to top-dressed greens, and of course (for the most of us) cart paths and trees. Swinging slower is not a cure all for scuffed balls...

edsfrow

sssprinkle wrote:Wow, I'm not sure what kind of golfer you are, but if you hit a softer ball (like the Pro V1) with a good hard wedge with a little backspin, you are going to mark up your ball. The better you are, the more this happens. That's why pros change out their balls every 3-6 holes...then again, their balls are free.

Some things that scuff a ball: The grooves on your clubs, playing from a bunker, playing off hard-pan, hitting to top-dressed greens, and of course (for the most of us) cart paths and trees. Swinging slower is not a cure all for scuffed balls...

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. I'm a decent golfer (Average 80-89 per round) and these have been great. Never had an issue with these. Just ordered my 7th-9th box of these. They react like a brand new Pro V1 and if there's any distance lost, I'm not seeing it. If you hit a ball at 85-100 mph club head speed, with a club that has grooves, it's going to cut or scuff the ball. Especially a soft cover ball like a Pro V1.

moonshinedakota

edsfrow wrote:Exactly. Couldn't have said it better. I'm a decent golfer (Average 80-89 per round) and these have been great. Never had an issue with these. Just ordered my 7th-9th box of these. They react like a brand new Pro V1 and if there's any distance lost, I'm not seeing it. If you hit a ball at 85-100 mph club head speed, with a club that has grooves, it's going to cut or scuff the ball. Especially a soft cover ball like a Pro V1.

Let's say unlike you, I am a good golfer. The distance is the same ... You're right (showing your ignrance of the ball's intended design: control). What is not nealy the same with this prduct is the ball's performance. But keep believing they're good. And keep hacking away. But with a real Pro V you could shave a couple off and make it into the 70s ... Tho I know 0 "80s" golfers who would use ths product.

moonshinedakota

sssprinkle wrote:Wow, I'm not sure what kind of golfer you are, but if you hit a softer ball (like the Pro V1) with a good hard wedge with a little backspin, you are going to mark up your ball. The better you are, the more this happens. That's why pros change out their balls every 3-6 holes...then again, their balls are free.

A miss-hit causes a scuff. Hit your wedges better.

sicspyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sicspyder
moonshinedakota wrote:Let's say unlike you, I am a good golfer. The distance is the same ... You're right (showing your ignrance of the ball's intended design: control). What is not nealy the same with this prduct is the ball's performance. But keep believing they're good. And keep hacking away. But with a real Pro V you could shave a couple off and make it into the 70s ... Tho I know 0 "80s" golfers who would use ths product.

I golf in the 80's and use this product.

edsfrow

moonshinedakota wrote:Let's say unlike you, I am a good golfer. The distance is the same ... You're right (showing your ignrance of the ball's intended design: control). What is not nealy the same with this prduct is the ball's performance. But keep believing they're good. And keep hacking away. But with a real Pro V you could shave a couple off and make it into the 70s ... Tho I know 0 "80s" golfers who would use ths product.

First of all, you don't know what kind of golfer I am. I shoot rounds in the 70s as well as 80s. I was stating my average rounds. Second, these have shaved about 5-6 shots off my game as it is and continue to let me hit and shape the kind of shots I want to hit. I've also compared them to brand new Pro V1s. Pro Vs are designed for distance, control as well as performance around the greens. They perform almost identically to a new ball. The spin is the same, the performance around the green is the same, and the distance off the tee is the same. I average 285 to 310 driver distance with these, and they're actually longer than my previous ball. I also know several single digit handicap players that are using these. They also don't see much difference. I like them and will continue to use them. I will also recommend them to anyone looking for a deal on a good golf ball.

We can agree to disagree on this, but there's no need to call someone "ignorant" or a "hacker". It's childish, counter productive, and a waste of mine and everyone else's time.

This is a forum for opinions about the product, not the people commenting on the product.

Thanks.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
edsfrow wrote:This is a forum for opinions about the product, not the people commenting on the product.

Thanks.

This! Don't make stuff personal, folks, or we'll have to come in here with words and deleting posts and yeah. Bad scene!

I'm just hanging out, really.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sicspyder wrote:I golf in the 80's and use this product.

This seems to be missing the best part - what do you think?

I'm just hanging out, really.

edsfrow

inkycatz wrote:This! Don't make stuff personal, folks, or we'll have to come in here with words and deleting posts and yeah. Bad scene!

Thanks, Inky! Just tryin' to keep it friendly.