WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Cardio Equipment: You Don't Even Lift, Bro

Bro, are you KIDDING me right now? Oats? Squats? Nah, bro. You need to hop on a bike and pedal those pounds off. Couple hours a day, run a -1400 caloric deficit, and you'll be GOLDEN, bro. Trust me. I mean, I don't do that stuff, but I read a book that says you should.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Do you have a cardio workout? How good would these items be for a beginner?

I'm just hanging out, really.

ccrunner149

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ccrunner149

If you are going to spend a lot of time on the cardio bike, it may be worthwhile to purchase cycling shorts from the "triathlon" Sport.Woot section. It will save your "saddle" from saddle sores.

tesmith86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tesmith86

The instructions are very vague about putting the seat on so let me tell you now. You put the seat on the peg and then you need to use the tool to tighten the s*** out of it else it will move around and be unusable. Do not tighten it before its on the peg.

Also, do yourself a favor and purchase a better seat, same type, but spend some cash and save your butt.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

No reviews at any major site for the inversion table and none for the elliptical either
(Other than what seems to be one or two 'reviews' that are likely just Amazon affiliate referral moneymakers).

Are they any good?

jingy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jingy

There's a rather noticeable lack of reviews about these products online.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's gotten one in the past(Pretty sure these were on Woot before, so come on and speak out Wooters)

I really need an exercise bike, and would be thrilled to jump on this deal (namely the folding one) since I can't afford much. But the lack of reviews makes me doubt the manufacturer...

stackpop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stackpop

I saw some decent reviews for other BodyRider brand stuff. Not sure about the $99 bike though.

http://www.nextag.com/body-rider/shop-html

Nicocat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nicocat

Anyone have the elliptical? I'm thinking of getting one but I can't find a word about it online.

raizypan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages raizypan

I got the Body Rider Deluxe Folding bike last time, and I absolutely love it! It folds easily to give me more room, it's sleek, and I get a great workout every night : )
Customer service is great, considering the screen options didn't work right after the second night using it. They told me what to do and it's all good now. For $100, it couldn't be more worth it!

jingy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jingy
raizypan wrote:I got the Body Rider Deluxe Folding bike last time, and I absolutely love it!

How is the resistance? Often reviews for smaller bikes like that mention having rather low resistance.

raizypan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages raizypan
jingy wrote:How is the resistance? Often reviews for smaller bikes like that mention having rather low resistance.

Well, I'm not sure, since I don't know what to compare it to. I'm a beginner, and I don't do it on the highest resistance, but I'm out of breath after 4 minutes.
**Edit** I'm adding that I'm a beginner to biking, but I'm a fitness nut. Getting out of breath is not the norm for me.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

I wonder what the "magnetic" part regarding the elliptical trainer is...
and how it compares to
http://www.amazon.com/Body-Rider-BRD2080-Elliptical-Trainer/dp/B007RUTDGI
which can do both - bike and elliptical at the same price point, but I do not know if it is "magnetic" also.
A difference seems to be regarding the display maybe?

Are there any sets to mount a tablet (iPad, Nexus, ...) holder easily to such an elliptical?

markmc27

quality posts: 6 Private Messages markmc27

This is a review of exercise bikes like the Nautalis $299 exercise bike.

NO MOVING PARTS ON THE RESISTANCE MEANS THIS WILL LAST!

As long as a exercise bike has "Electronically controlled magnetic resistance system" it is going to be very comfortable to ride and last generally a long time. I bought a Gym level one 17 years ago ($700) and it is still going strong.

You see "Magnetic Resistance" means there is a fly wheel shaped just like a cars front disk brake with powerful magnets on either side of the wheel. If you turn up the power/electricity to the magnets you increase your resistance. I own two of these one powered by 110 plug in power and another powered by a 8 D cell batteries.

The one with the D cell batteries was purchased for my mom,who never used it.Since then it has been lent out to 6 elderly folks (all above 89,must be the water) to my step mom's the local Jewish community center/church sorry can't spell cine A gog.But I have learned that I am a mench.

Bike that runs on batteries has been in rotation for 4 years or so.I just got it back told by a very alert 92 year old that it had broken.She had used it to rehab from knee replacement.She offered to buy a new one, I said no way.

Got home with it,ready to throw it in the garbage.First I checked it out and changed the batteries.Works just perfectly.

Like I said no moving parts on the resistance really is amazing.

I don't like extras but this bike has a lot.I would probably buy it and just make sure to get a 1 year warranty in case its a lemon.