12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2281 Private Messages lichme

The Tim

quality posts: 31 Private Messages The Tim

This is mostly a repost of a comment I have left on previous sales of this scooter.

I've been riding about two miles a day on a Razor Pro in my daily commute to get to and from the bus in downtown Seattle for over a year. It's twice as fast and ten times as fun as walking.

I picked mine up on Amazon for about $10 more than this sale. This sale at Woot for just $40 is the cheapest I've seen them.

Except for wearing a hole in the brake (press the rear fender onto the wheel) because I ignored the printed warnings not to ride down hills (like I said, I use it in Seattle), it has held up great to my daily use.

I fixed the hole I wore in my brake with some metal clay epoxy that I picked up at Lowes for about $10 and have since been kicking along just fine.

It's also worth noting that the brake becomes almost completely worthless when riding a surface that is even just a little bit wet, so keep that in mind if you live in a wet place like I do.

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33
The Tim wrote:This is mostly a repost of a comment I have left on previous sales of this scooter.

I've been riding about two miles a day on a Razor Pro in my daily commute to get to and from the bus in downtown Seattle for over a year. It's twice as fast and ten times as fun as walking.

I picked mine up on Amazon for about $10 more than this sale. This sale at Woot for just $40 is the cheapest I've seen them.

Except for wearing a hole in the brake (press the rear fender onto the wheel) because I ignored the printed warnings not to ride down hills (like I said, I use it in Seattle), it has held up great to my daily use.

I fixed the hole I wore in my brake with some metal clay epoxy that I picked up at Lowes for about $10 and have since been kicking along just fine.

It's also worth noting that the brake becomes almost completely worthless when riding a surface that is even just a little bit wet, so keep that in mind if you live in a wet place like I do.

What does it weigh, and how easy is it to pick up and carry, or load into a car? I'm looking at a weird, nearly 1 mile walk to work, in an underground concourse...

donr0217

quality posts: 1 Private Messages donr0217
tesla33 wrote:What does it weigh, and how easy is it to pick up and carry, or load into a car? I'm looking at a weird, nearly 1 mile walk to work, in an underground concourse...

tesla33: You can get more info at Amazon at http://amzn.com/B000FK8IM2 where the scooter sells for $64.99.

But to answer your couple of questions, according to the Amazon listing,

- It weighs 8 lbs.

- If you look at the pictures on the Amazon listing, you will see their is a hinge where the upright/handlebar meets the board, and the whole upright/handle folds down to board. (It goes from a capital "L" shape to a lower-case "l" shape.) So I'd think it's pretty easy to carry and very easy to load into a car.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Razor Pro Model Scooter - Clear

Price Comparisons

Today on WOOT = $39.99 + $5 shipping
**Woot Price Lowest Found by $10.00+ **

Toys R' Us = $49.98 + shipping (cost unspecified) or ships free if using a Toys R' Us credit card or, free in store pickup.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4419459&CAWELAID=585620605&pla=plat&cagpspn=pla

Target = $59.99 + $9.95 shipping
http://www.target.com/p/razor-pro-model-scooter-clear/-/A-10656452?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C10656452&CPNG=Sports&kpid=10656452&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=10656452

ebay = $64.99 + ships free
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Razor-Pro-Model-Scooter-Clear-13018000-/330844115376?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D4149865295136263243%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D5%26sd%3D190751172026%26

NOTE:
The above dealers and prices were found using a random 'Google' search in effort to find and compare average prices for the same product on the web. Your own specific search may find differing and/or lower prices.

klh2208

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klh2208

For those of you who have one/ have used one/ know someone who knows someone who has used one-- how does this work for tall folks? My husband is 6'4" and I would like to get one for him so he can stop lamenting when our son is on his. Is he too tall for this?

mopsie2002

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mopsie2002
klh2208 wrote:For those of you who have one/ have used one/ know someone who knows someone who has used one-- how does this work for tall folks? My husband is 6'4" and I would like to get one for him so he can stop lamenting when our son is on his. Is he too tall for this?

I have none of those experiences, but was wondering the same thing. I went and looked at the links above and found one promising comment on the Toys R Us page posted by a dad of unknown height: "I really like the extra tall t-bar handle...getting out with the kids has been great and not having to bend forward makes this even better!"

Oregonian through and through <3...even if I call North Carolina my home now.

kender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kender

My wife is going to be a very happy lady! Merry Xmas! LOL

epitometric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epitometric

I own this scooter and have been using it since August at my college. I have ridden it multiple times daily at high and low speeds and it works great on many surfaces. It is pretty sturdy, and I can bang it against things and it will hold up.

I am 6'2", and I ride it fine, I'm sure someone just a tad taller than me would have no problem. I also have size 14 feet and they fit on the board fine.

After heavy and taxing use for a while, 1-2 months, the front wheel starts to loosen up, so you just need to re-tighten it with an allen wrench.

I highly recommend this product and I am debating buying another, as this is cheaper than what I bought mine for.

LGliddon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LGliddon

Not too happy. I received mine from Woot about 2 weeks ago. I put it together and everything is fine, except the handle grips are seriously split.... both of them. To get another set Razor requires you to jump through hoops. I will cut them off and just by another pair... which kills this being a good deal. Do not buy this one.

Bandrik

quality posts: 68 Private Messages Bandrik

You all knew it was only a matter of time. ;)

JonPowell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JonPowell

A Razor Scooter from Woot = $39.99

Shipping = $5.00

Watching some 250 lb person try this out and fall flat on their a** = priceless.