WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Mission Athletecare Products

Cooling towel? Liquid chalk? Court Grip? We're not entirely sure what these are, but then again we break a sweat playing Madden. Presumably someone who has actually held a basketball will know what to do with these.
Mission official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

If you enjoy hoops, then please, tell us about these products! We're all a little baffled this morning.

I'm just hanging out, really.

theother1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theother1

Wondering if the Power Grip is allowed in Rec league basketball?

aanders1

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aanders1
theother1 wrote:Wondering if the Power Grip is allowed in Rec league basketball?

No idea. But here is my review of it:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2YA05RROOIX1G

Basically, it worked okay (though good shoes mattered more) but it also had the potential to cause a lot of damage it it got on things before it was fully dry (damage to floors, shoes, things not made out of rubber in general...) so I could see the potential for it being banned on that alone.

favorite woots:
Timex Clock Radio for Sansa and Sansa e260 4 gB**Kodak C813 Camera**iRiver 2 GB Clix**Gateway PC w/Quad Core Processor**Roomba 530**Kai Shun 2 Piece Knife Set***Tornado File Transfer**Ultrex 8 Piece Knife Set**Wowwee Dragonfly**Sharper Image Cooking Thermometer**AND MANY MORE!

jnam22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnam22

For the Towels. Still trying to review them to see if I should buy one (already spent my $5 shipping on another item. Looking to see if $9 is worth it).

Here is a website with reviews for the towel. On Bottom left column:
http://www.hsn.com/as-seen-on-tv/mission-3pk-enduracool-cooling-towels-by-forbes-riley_p-6827144_xp.aspx#pdReviewsHeader

Average 2.9 out of 5. Over 200 reviews.

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess

So court grip, that's not a euphemism, is it?

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

I wonder if this grip stuff is like "Drygrip"? I use Drygrip sometimes for playing badminton. Drygrip is actually an antiperspirant for the hands. Is this also an antiperspirant? Does it say anything about that on the bottle?

birute

quality posts: 1 Private Messages birute

I use another brand of these towels and they do work.

DaZoneRanger

Thinking about the court grip stuff. I currently use Python Positrac Anti-Slip spray for indoor play (badminton and racquetball). It works ok. A friend of mine was using something that looked like this. If this has a foam applicator, then this is probably similar to what he was using. Hopefully, Woot has something else for me to get, to make this more of a deal, as the Positrac is a buck cheaper and I think the shipping may be cheaper, too.

ger16

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ger16

Sometimes the kids used aerosol hairspray on their shoes. think I'll get one of these for my daughter, and see if it helps.

DaZoneRanger

Whoohoo, just realized I got 4 days to find something else to buy, to make this Courtgrip stuff worth it. Come on woot, let's see some of those Jlab earbuds (not the single ones) or something cheap and cool like that. That is, assuming this isn't going to run out by then. Something tells me it won't, though.

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

The comments are confusing. Is this for your hands, your shoes, or for a body part which might need a better grip if your courting is successful? And if the last option is the case, if you use a lubricant and this grip stuff, does that mean you get stuck somewhere in the middle?

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum
DaZoneRanger wrote:... I use Drygrip sometimes for playing badminton. ...

Could be helpful info. What rackets do you recommend? The prices are all over the place, and I don't know which to choose. I'm a beginner, so would like a racket that will hold up for a few years, but don't need professional quality.

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

Chicago71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Chicago71

Re: Enduracool Towel...
A photoshopped Dwight Howard? Nice work, Enduracool marketing staff.
1. I've never said, "Man, Dwight Howard looks flabby."
2. Dwight doesn't look like a happy user of Enduracool. He looks more like, "Who the f*ck put this rubbish on my neck?"
3. I have a better product for you: http://www.mensdirect.com/product/Balla-Powder/balla-powder?gclid=CIuWyLKNmrQCFelDMgoduyAAtg

"Qui Bono? Who benefits?"
"Qui gives a $#!#"

rettaboo78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rettaboo78

interesting interview...for bottom of shoes (which is in the description)it apparently boils down to dust on courts being slippery and stopping that...they talk about applying it between each quarter or even more often
http://blog.eastbay.com/all/the-story-of-court-grip/

DaZoneRanger

rettaboo78 wrote:interesting interview...for bottom of shoes (which is in the description)it apparently boils down to dust on courts being slippery and stopping that...they talk about applying it between each quarter or even more often
http://blog.eastbay.com/all/the-story-of-court-grip/

Yeah, while I haven't tried this one, the spray that I use will sometimes be good for the whole day, but if it's a really dirty court, like the one I played on Friday, the spray didn't help that much at first, but a second application after a while did seem to make a difference. It still wasn't perfect, though, and I think the slippery court resulted in a mildly tweaked knee (which I was still able to play on and will be playing on again, today). I haven't used this brand, though, not yet at least. I bought two containers, last night, though. Thinking about buying another, while free shipping is still on. Edit (5 minutes later): Ok, I stopped thinking about. I bought a third one. I've got through 3 bottles of the Python Positract anti-slip spray, so I'll probably go through 3 bottles of this, too, and when 2 are gone, I'll either be happy I bought a third one or I'll be kicking myself for not buying it. If I hate the stuff, well, they're actually being sold on ebay for $19.95 w/free shipping (and being bought at the price), so I'm sure I can just undercut that guy by a buck and still double my money.