WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Darts Darts Darts

Darts. Can't live with em; can't live with out em. Except you can live with em. In fact, we encourage it! Mostly so you'll buy some of this darts stuff we're selling, but don't worry about that. Just start buying!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Darts seems like the perfect game to get rid of holiday stress. Do you have a dartboard? What's stopping you?

I'm just hanging out, really.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

what's the quality difference between the dart boards?

jblosser99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jblosser99
andreaserben wrote:what's the quality difference between the dart boards?

They appear to be, apart from some graphics, the same board.

(have thrown in leagues for 23 years)

blayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blayer

I bought the Pro Player when it was on a deal under various games a few days ago and it got in just yesterday. While it's a gift, I gave it a shot to see how it was because I'm thinking of getting one for myself. It definitely seems like nice quality. It's hefty, the darts stick very easily, and the whole bristle thing is very cool. You can't see where the dart was after you pull it out. I've played very very little darts in my day, but it seems like quality and a nice gift for my brother for only $25. I also picked up two of the $3 sets of darts and though they don't seem like premiere darts, they work just fine.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
jblosser99 wrote:They appear to be, apart from some graphics, the same board.

(have thrown in leagues for 23 years)

dang - so I overpaid I bought the more expensive one hoping for better quality or so
No staff / vendor response?

ahamling27

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ahamling27

Will these make it in time for x-mas?

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007

I was hoping lawn darts were coming back.

Sadface.

jasowned

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasowned

so i bought the $25 board and two sets of the $10 darts on 11/26 and they arrived shortly thereafter. i'll begin by saying im not a subject matter expert in this department, but i think the paint shouldnt be wearing off the metal portion of the darts already nor should the flights have frayed yet.. i'd consider my use rather gentle but voluminous and true enough that each dart has hit the ground no more than once. the LED feature is silly/unnecessary. the dart packaging had a $19.99 sticker on it but i think that was a bit of a rip, too... def not worth $20; $10 is a stretch. i wish i wouldve bought a $3 set to compare. the shipping makes the board almost not worth it compared to similar on amazon prime, but i can't complain too much about its quality as im not an expert on the boards either.

ledastray

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ledastray
jasowned wrote:so i bought the $25 board and two sets of the $10 darts on 11/26 and they arrived shortly thereafter. i'll begin by saying im not a subject matter expert in this department, but i think the paint shouldnt be wearing off the metal portion of the darts already nor should the flights have frayed yet.. i'd consider my use rather gentle but voluminous and true enough that each dart has hit the ground no more than once. the LED feature is silly/unnecessary. the dart packaging had a $19.99 sticker on it but i think that was a bit of a rip, too... def not worth $20; $10 is a stretch. i wish i wouldve bought a $3 set to compare. the shipping makes the board almost not worth it compared to similar on amazon prime, but i can't complain too much about its quality as im not an expert on the boards either.

Compared to my local stores the board is a good deal. Of the two offered models I think the $3 ones are better darts. The LED $10 ones are a novelty and, of course, come with the extra shafts and the carrying case. Maybe worth the extra money. Maybe not.

BTW- the flights are considered consumable. You can get more durable ones, but they don't flex as much and can deflect subsequent throws when you're trying to group for a score. Too bad Woot didn't have a replacement flight set as part of the offer. (Hint, hint.) Someday you'll probably "Robin Hood" a dart and break a shaft too. They replace easily. I wouldn't expect you to be chipping the finish so easily, but for all darts (even the $100-200 ones) the warranty is for the body's mechanical integrity. Finish, shafts, & flights are explicitly excluded.

billveik

quality posts: 5 Private Messages billveik

They are both world tournament regulation boards, so they are probably the same weight and thickness. You might have a slight difference in the sisal quality (the feature causing the holes to reseal), but these are inexpensive boards either way as far as cost.

Flights are definitely something consumable, not necessarily designed to last time-wise. As you get good, darts thrown get grouped together so well they can take a beating. Sporting goods stores used to sell them all over the place (unsure of now, its been awhile since I have competed), but probably available online, I even had received gifts of them in the past with my name on them....

The fact the darts use batteries and are 10 bucks tells me they are novelty level, or beginner. What are the batteries for? the last set I purchased and competed with were 150 bucks...

Woo@@@@@@@ooT.........Ooops, was that me?
Beggin' your pardon, it must have been the w@@t soup.

lgbtech

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lgbtech

Regarding quality and features of darts, a quick google search found this very informative guide to buying darts. It describes the anatomy of a dart and the merits of various options that are available. e.g. brass vs. tungsten barrels.

ledastray

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ledastray
billveik wrote:... The fact the darts use batteries and are 10 bucks tells me they are novelty level, or beginner. What are the batteries for?

These have been up several times. I was curious and ordered. I added my comments in a previous post. Basically the batteries power an LED which illuminates the translucent shafts. Definitely novelty. (Cool for maybe the first minute.) The problem is the batteries & LED create a cavity and reduce the density of the barrel. The light up darts seem slightly fatter than the $3 model.

... the last set I purchased and competed with were 150 bucks...

These aren't like those! :-)

kane968

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kane968

I purchased a board and three of the $3 dart sets on the 14th.

I received the board on the 19th, the day BEFORE the darts shipped. I have still not gotten my darts.

I've always wanted a dart board, and now I have one. Not being able to use it because I don't have any darts is my own special hell.

For shame, Woot.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kane968 wrote:I purchased a board and three of the $3 dart sets on the 14th.

I received the board on the 19th, the day BEFORE the darts shipped. I have still not gotten my darts.

I've always wanted a dart board, and now I have one. Not being able to use it because I don't have any darts is my own special hell.

For shame, Woot.

I'm very sorry to hear that you haven't received the second portion of your order.

Have you written into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com? I'm sure they'd be more than glad to help find a solution to this issue.