WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Do You Call It Cycling Or Biking?

Whether you're taking a spin along the river (biking), or layering yourself in spandex and going for a "ride" (cycling), you are nevertheless using the same two-wheeled conveyance. The only difference is how seriously you scrunch up your face while you do it. If yours is a look of steeled determination, you're cycling. If it's carefree whimsy, you're biking.  

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I call it biking, even if I don't have a bike. So bikers, how are these tools?

I'm just hanging out, really.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge

When and where can we buy the woot hardhat?

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
takethemeatbridge wrote:When and where can we buy the woot hardhat?

I would be apprehensive about putting a red light on the front of a bicycle travelling with the flow of traffic, but that would be neat for riding in the woods.

Might make the reflective eyes of deer a little scarier than normal, though.

wellIamJake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wellIamJake
Figit090 wrote:I would be apprehensive about putting a red light on the front of a bicycle travelling with the flow of traffic, but that would be neat for riding in the woods.

Might make the reflective eyes of deer a little scarier than normal, though.

I wonder how many people don't know its illegal not to have lights on your bike after dark. Maybe its different in other states, but in MN it is law. Red on back, white on front. This of course is if you are on the streets.

Jake

jaferson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jaferson

Is the cargo box Mitt Romney approved?

Bag of Coal
Speed to First Woot:0m 23.115s
First Sucker:jaferson

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
wellIamJake wrote:I wonder how many people don't know its illegal not to have lights on your bike after dark. Maybe its different in other states, but in MN it is law. Red on back, white on front. This of course is if you are on the streets.

I didn't know that it was illegal, but as a person who has biked home from work in the dark, I can't imagine any SANE person would consider it without lights on your bike. Both to see and be seen.

I suppose along that same vein, it just makes sense to me to use the same colors as cars do so that they don't get confused by what they see. It's so ingrained in drivers how to interpret vehicle lights in the dark, I would say it's crazy not to capitalize on that fact.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13

This writeup made me laugh out loud, by the way. Especially the little blurb at the bottom comparing it to catholics and protestants... from all I can determine, it's a remarkably apt comparison. Roflol

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie

Any reviews on the MegaJoe? I don't see it listed on the Yakima website, is it discontinued? Anyone know if it will work with a '99 Saturn SL2?

manamib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manamib

Has anybody used the 2-light and mount combo? I have two 1000 lumen flashlights I want to mount. Is this mount set versatile in that it can mount a few different lights, or can it only mount the stock ones?

TIA

Oh, and I would add a third face to the write-up...

If you have a "if I miss this line, I'm dead" face, you're biking!

glubash

quality posts: 11 Private Messages glubash

Not too many reviews on Amazon about the Vetta products. When they are there, they are mixed or not good. Anyone have experience with their stuff?

highonpez

quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez
Ubie wrote:Any reviews on the MegaJoe? I don't see it listed on the Yakima website, is it discontinued? Anyone know if it will work with a '99 Saturn SL2?

I would imagine it would work. The only concern I would have is if yours has the trunk spoiler (but I think Saturns are low enough to be fine). Otherwise the one padded bar fits above the bumper and the other on top of the trunk in fromt of the rear window. Pretty much any sedan will do.

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie
highonpez wrote:I would imagine it would work. The only concern I would have is if yours has the trunk spoiler (but I think Saturns are low enough to be fine). Otherwise the one padded bar fits above the bumper and the other on top of the trunk in fromt of the rear window. Pretty much any sedan will do.

Here is the fitsheet for the MegaJoe:
http://techmanual.yakima.com/files/1033330C_Joe_Fit_Sheet_INST.pdf

anasqtiesh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anasqtiesh

Was about to get the Vetta 310-800 Sky Rider Bicycle Headlight Set, but then I noticed that the lights seem to have zero visibility from the sides. That just won't cut it on a bicycle. Side-visibility is crucial.

Pass.

joecooool

quality posts: 24 Private Messages joecooool

My bike light arrived and it doesn't work.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

joecooool wrote:My bike light arrived and it doesn't work.

Sorry for the late reply, and to hear that you received a DOA purchase.

Please feel free to email Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to assist you with resolving the issue.

Sincerely,
Forum Moderator