WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Airsoft Assault!

It takes a special kind of demented to say, "Hey, let's go out in the woods and shoot each other with little plastic pellets!" Just please use eye protection so we don't get sued, okay?
Umarex official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tell us about your Airsoft experience. How did you get started?

I'm just hanging out, really.

coberst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coberst

Question:
Umarex H&K USP Spring Airsoft Gun

The title says "spring" the description mentions powered by a "12g CO2 cartridge" and the specs say the power is "electric"

Where's the Fruitcake??!?!?!?! surely two of those classifications are wrong, so which is it man?

©

inkycatz

coberst wrote:Question:

The title says "spring" the description mentions powered by a "12g CO2 cartridge" and the specs say the power is "electric"

Where's the Fruitcake??!?!?!?! surely two of those classifications are wrong, so which is it man?

We're checking - thanks for the sharp eye!

inkycatz

Here's what we found out:
Spring is the name Umarex has for this line of guns. The capsules are CO2. They are electric powered.

I'm hoping this page might help: link.

fightingpillow

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fightingpillow
inkycatz wrote:Here's what we found out:
Spring is the name Umarex has for this line of guns. The capsules are CO2. They are electric powered.

I'm hoping this page might help: link.

Getting a 404 error on your link.

superloud

quality posts: 1 Private Messages superloud
coberst wrote:Question:

They make both spring and co2 USPs. The model number listed in the specs on woot is the spring model on their site.

http://www.umarexusa.com/airsoft/spring-airsoft/h-k-usp-spring-airsoft-gun

But I suppose the model number could be wrong as well.

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira

Please, please forgive me, but the captain obvious in me cannot easily resist.

"You'll shoot your eye out."

Okay. I did it. I feel dirty now.

Mawgy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mawgy

At that price point, I am pretty sure it is the spring version. Never seen one with a power source that low.

mytigerlil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mytigerlil

NJ sucks just sayin

yoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yoss

I wouldn't buy that USP until Woot clarifies what the product actually is. They obviously copy and pasted from Umarex's incorrect specifications, and if it is the model number actually listed then it is a poor value and sells for $5.00 less everywhere on the net.

sloth944

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sloth944

Go big or go home. Green Gas Airsoft is the way to go. It's pretty much just propane gas with a little bit of oil in it. This H&K MP7 shoots 900 rnds/min, but it's OOS. There's a shop in St Louis Union Station that carries a bunch of gas airsoft that you can try out. Japan is big on this stuff.

aasquith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aasquith

Umerex is a rebrand or another airsoft company... they put real gun trademarks on another companys gun and sell it for more... they are ok at best.

that being said i airsoft on a professional scale. i wont take anything but the best.. and most of my stuff is custom built inside and out.

then again i started with a clear spring powered pistol plinking in my back yard

if you are looking to plink in your back yard... all of these are fine... if you are looking to go to a game with them I would look elsewhere and do some serious research.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12

Can someone tell me if this would be feasible for target practice with a 6 yr old with TOTAL ADULT SUPERVISION of course. As in - are they something that a 6 yr old can fairly easily operate. I know NOTHING of this type of shooting. I've never shot anything but water or bullets. LOL

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

mckenziedrums

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mckenziedrums
beck12 wrote:Can someone tell me if this would be feasible for target practice with a 6 yr old with TOTAL ADULT SUPERVISION of course. As in - are they something that a 6 yr old can fairly easily operate. I know NOTHING of this type of shooting. I've never shot anything but water or bullets. LOL

A supervised child would be good to go with these... GREAT way to teach the 4 rules of gun safety. The plastic pellets are traveling at enough speed to bruise or do eye damage but that's about it with the spring models. I keep a 1911 airsoft around to plink with in the house when I want to practice the fundamentals of my grip, etc. It's like dry fire practice, only more fun!

aasquith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aasquith
beck12 wrote:Can someone tell me if this would be feasible for target practice with a 6 yr old with TOTAL ADULT SUPERVISION of course. As in - are they something that a 6 yr old can fairly easily operate. I know NOTHING of this type of shooting. I've never shot anything but water or bullets. LOL

Yes i have a friend who teaches his 5 year old daughter on a professional airsoft gun. the spring ones are better because they have to be cocked each shot allowing for less room for error. If they start to treat a fake gun like a real one at a young age buy the time theyre old enough to shoot a real gun they should be treating it properly and safely

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr
aasquith wrote:
that being said i airsoft on a professional scale. i wont take anything but the best.. and most of my stuff is custom built inside and out.

Oh my GOD I laughed so hard my face hurts...

For the life of me, I can't figure out the fascination with fake guns unless you're a little kid.

hehehe... professional level... hehehe... that's great stuff...

Mawgy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mawgy
skrutinizr wrote:Oh my GOD I laughed so hard my face hurts...

For the life of me, I can't figure out the fascination with fake guns unless you're a little kid.

You can't exactly go to an arena and shoot people with a real gun.

anthonydelapaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anthonydelapaz
skrutinizr wrote:Oh my GOD I laughed so hard my face hurts...

Actually, Police Departments and Military use them for training purposes. There is a lot of teamwork and tactics involved. Not including the adrenaline rush you get from playing either. Good training as well. Can't exactly train with a real gun this extensively unless your shooting simunition and that is only available to Military and Law Enforcement and isn't exactly cheap.

jakeiscrazy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jakeiscrazy
anthonydelapaz wrote:Actually, Police Departments and Military use them for training purposes. There is a lot of teamwork and tactics involved. Not including the adrenaline rush you get from playing either. Good training as well. Can't exactly train with a real gun this extensively unless your shooting simunition and that is only available to Military and Law Enforcement and isn't exactly cheap.

There is a more law enforcement and military using Simunitions than airsoft or paintball. No changes need to be made to gear, trigger reset and weight, recoil, marking, no need to have a different gun just change slides or bolts. Down side: Simunitions are expensive. Just though I would mention it.

rjsdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjsdad

Let me guess woot - no shipping to New Yorkistan again for this deal?

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669
meanjoeira wrote:
"You'll shoot your eye out."

no i won't. i've got excellent trigger discipline.

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

digitalurbancamo

quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo

Can't ship to Michigan? Why? I can buy these at any store. I wasn't going to get one anyway so I really don't care if you don't ship here but I would like to know why.

Perhaps because you don't offer ID verification with your shipping? But if that's the case, why do you sell wine to MI?

TT whats the deal?

inkycatz

digitalurbancamo wrote:Can't ship to Michigan? Why? I can buy these at any store. I wasn't going to get one anyway so I really don't care if you don't ship here but I would like to know why.

Perhaps because you don't offer ID verification with your shipping? But if that's the case, why do you sell wine to MI?

TT whats the deal?

Well, I'm not TT, but I do know there are different rules for different sorts of items. Sorry.

bradenmcg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bradenmcg
inkycatz wrote:Well, I'm not TT, but I do know there are different rules for different sorts of items. Sorry.

Would be interested to hear the explanations on these weird rules. For example, Ohio isn't on the list, Airsoft is a "toy" here. However, you list ZIP 44139 on the "no-sale" list, which is Solon Ohio. It's like 5 minutes from my office, and I know there are no laws or other regulations preventing you from having/using Airsoft there.

So where did that oddly-specific, single ZIP restriction come from?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bradenmcg wrote:Would be interested to hear the explanations on these weird rules. For example, Ohio isn't on the list, Airsoft is a "toy" here. However, you list ZIP 44139 on the "no-sale" list, which is Solon Ohio. It's like 5 minutes from my office, and I know there are no laws or other regulations preventing you from having/using Airsoft there.

So where did that oddly-specific, single ZIP restriction come from?

Every city and town can have their own ordinances in addition to county and state regulations. Sometimes it's not a matter of whether you can own them, it's shipping restrictions or certain regulations (e.g. forms) that are required for which we just can't easily comply.

Amazon provides shipping restrictions lists to all its subsidiaries. We all use the same lists. Note that 3rd party vendor selling on Amazon do not fall under these guidelines.

That's all the information we'll have. Best place to start your research would be your local and county offices.

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

alaskanblacklab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alaskanblacklab

I found the same thing with free shipping on the website with the shipping box that has the smile on it.

beck12

quality posts: 41 Private Messages beck12
mckenziedrums wrote:A supervised child would be good to go with these... GREAT way to teach the 4 rules of gun safety. The plastic pellets are traveling at enough speed to bruise or do eye damage but that's about it with the spring models. I keep a 1911 airsoft around to plink with in the house when I want to practice the fundamentals of my grip, etc. It's like dry fire practice, only more fun!

aasquith wrote:Yes i have a friend who teaches his 5 year old daughter on a professional airsoft gun. the spring ones are better because they have to be cocked each shot allowing for less room for error. If they start to treat a fake gun like a real one at a young age buy the time theyre old enough to shoot a real gun they should be treating it properly and safely

Wanted to thank you both for taking the time to give such great replies. Looks like I will be shopping locally. They can't ship it to me in the end after all. Guess I should have looked at that part f.i.r.s.t. (I am not trying to be weird but when I type it normally it turns into: "I'll be back"...not sure why it's being edited).

spending my kid's college funds one woot off at a time

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

beck12 wrote:Wanted to thank you both for taking the time to give such great replies. Looks like I will be shopping locally. They can't ship it to me in the end after all. Guess I should have looked at that part f.i.r.s.t. (I am not trying to be weird but when I type it normally it turns into: "I'll be back"...not sure why it's being edited).

we filter that word because sometimes people like to needlessly announce that theirs was the initial post in a thread.

happens often enough that proles like myself get pretty tired of seeing it. so we fight back!!

(and sorry we couldn't ship to you this time. bummer about that.)

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.