2%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ajrod27

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ajrod27

Does this have a valve for manual inflation?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I really wanted to like this. Alas, it only lasted a few night's sleep before a puncture took the air out. I expected much more durability for this kind of money.

While it lasted it was okay, but I'm much more comfortable in a hammock. Maybe woot! will bring back those $20 hammocks, which are a decent deal! ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

doomtothee

quality posts: 47 Private Messages doomtothee

The air mattresses I've owned in the past have one distinct advantage over any other type of bed. No matter what happens, you can always clean it off very easily, which is why I would take one of these with some cheap blankets any day over the most expensive sleeping bag when camping, or perhaps for a messy kid indoors. They're also obviously way more comfortable then the ground or floor.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

zeksar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zeksar

This bed made sleeping 9 nights straight in a tent enjoyable with our 5 mos. old baby in one of those "we aren't going to let having our first baby keep us from doing the things we love" sort of a road trip.It lasted us through most of the following summer and then started deflating overnight. We couldn't find any leaks or holes, so we returned it and got a replacement. Haven't used that one yet. Despite that issue, we love this mattress and it has allowed our adventurous family lifestyle to continue in comfort.

zeksar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zeksar
ajrod27 wrote:Does this have a valve for manual inflation?

No. It would not fit a standard hand pump used to fill rafts, pool floaties, etc. And if you forget to plug the pump in before your trip you are SOL because it doesn't run on regular batteries.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Kelty Queen Size Sleep Eazy Air Bed -Today on Woot - $79.99 + $5 Shipping

Price Comparisons

REI = $129.95 + Ships Free
http://www.rei.com/product/809834/kelty-sleep-eazy-air-bed,-niteshadow?preferredSku=8098340030&cm_mmc=cse_froogle-_-pla-_-product-_-8098340030&mr:referralID=16293747-4068-11e2-b779-001b2166c62d

SunnySports = $109.95 + Ships Free
http://www.sunnysports.com/Prod/KLTSEAQ.html

Amazon = $103.96 + Ships Free
http://www.amazon.com/Kelty-Sleep-Eazy-Queen-Airbed/dp/B004GDC9DI

CC OutDoor Store = $129.95 + Ships Free
http://www.ccoutdoorstore.com/kelty-sleep-easy-queen-air-bed.html

Today's Woot offer beats next closest competitor, Amazon, by $18.97

***NOTE***
All comparisons for this product were found via a random search using Google. Your own search with this or any other search engine may find differing results in price higher and/or lower.

emuna1985

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emuna1985

what are the bennifets of this mattress over any onther brand... such as this one which is 48.99

http://airbeds4less.com/product/intex-mid-rise-queen-air-bed-mattress.html

kmartind

quality posts: 38 Private Messages kmartind

We've had a couple AeroBed Endura Bed air mattresses for several years (since 2008 or so) and they've been great. They are the best air mattresses we've ever had; much stronger than any others I've come across. They also came with a good rechargeable pump (they still hold a decent charge today with the original built-in battery), AND had a normal sized fill/deflate valve with a twist lock so no caps to fiddle with and lose.

Unfortunately, one of the Endura Beds finally sprung a slow leak and I can't find it to patch it. Also unfortunately, the Endura Bed seems to have been discontinued a year or two ago for unknown reasons.

Anyway, that means I'm looking for a replacement, but based on a comment or two above, this Kelty doesn't sound like it would be nearly as durable, and it also doesn't seem to have the standard fill valve either. I could still potentially be convinced these are good, but it's not looking too promising thus far, at least for our purposes.

I know the normal Aerobeds aren't anywhere near as durable and the so-called "All-Terrain" ones don't seem all that much better. Does any company still make a good quality airbed that won't spring a leak even if used outdoors or kicked around a bit (or in some cases if you merely look at the mattress funny)?

kmartind

quality posts: 38 Private Messages kmartind
emuna1985 wrote:what are the bennifets of this mattress over any onther brand... such as this one which is 48.99

http://airbeds4less.com/product/intex-mid-rise-queen-air-bed-mattress.html

I don't have any experience with the Kelty, but the one time I bought an Intex it lasted through only one use and then I basically had to throw it out, but maybe I was just unlucky. Also this Woot! is PVC free and comes with a rechargeable air pump that the above doesn't include. That one looks like it has to be plugged into a wall outlet to inflate or deflate. So the Kelty would be a much better choice for use for camping-type purposes.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
ckeilah wrote:... I'm much more comfortable in a hammock. Maybe woot! will bring back those $20 hammocks, which are a decent deal! ;-)

They actually do have a couple of hammocks up, did you notice, they're hidden away in a Plus sale.

whatthewoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whatthewoot

I have this bed. It's great - holds air overnight and is SUPER lightweight - nothing like an air mattress that you would use at home.

gregoryprice

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gregoryprice
zeksar wrote:No. It would not fit a standard hand pump used to fill rafts, pool floaties, etc. And if you forget to plug the pump in before your trip you are SOL because it doesn't run on regular batteries.

Not entirely - you can plug it into your car's DC port to charge it. As long as you keep the plug with the unit, the worst that can happen is you'll need to waste some gas to charge it up.