WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Kick Back with Kelty

Duffel bags are the worst; cumbersome, hard to carry, awful. Roller bags are nearly as bad; ever tried to haul one up a flight of subway stairs? No, for the savvy traveler, there is only one type of luggage: The huge backpack. Sure it's great for the woods, but it's even better for fitting a month's worth of clothing into the overhead bins. 
Kelty official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Backpacks and friends - who's got your back?

Also, Keltys are cool. And if you don't believe me, you should hit some of the reviews that people are likely to toss in this thread!

I wouldn't mind a Kelty filled with cool stuff for the holidays, just saying...

I'm just hanging out, really.

jbradleywoot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jbradleywoot

Boo, only small sizes available in the Redwing 50

aintbelieving

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aintbelieving

I'm almost sorry that I (already) have a Kelty Redwing. In fact this is my second, and I like this one better than the old one. Pocket are readily available, construction is very good. I can pack this for a long weekend in the woods, or if traveling 3-4 days worth of clothing. I especially like the full open front. Makes it easier to pack than those top loading models. This is an excellent price...as I said I already have one, and paid full price for it!!!!

dragrednos3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragrednos3
jbradleywoot wrote:Boo, only small sizes available in the Redwing 50

My thought too! It would be nice if they offer enough m/l RW 50s to satisfy us all for a while (or at least so I can get one for this price).

TheFlatline

quality posts: 9 Private Messages TheFlatline

Picked up the 90 and the 65 last time around. Very happy with them both, except that I'm literally too fat by about 1/2 inch for the hip belt on the 65.

I guess I'll have to haul the 95 until I lose that 1/2 inch.

As soon as the rain lets up here in CA I'm outward bound.

vulcansdad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vulcansdad

Been using this model Kelty on Appalachian Trail for three day/two night hikes...
I've also owned Gregory and Arcterryx packs...My preference is for the Kelty because it is a front loader....Much more convenient.
Very well built. Very well designed.

themaineevent

quality posts: 2 Private Messages themaineevent

Again with only smalls for the 50?

kenosha01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenosha01
themaineevent wrote:Again with only smalls for the 50?

That's what I'm saying, tried to buy a M/L when posting came out and it says it's no longer available. So sad... So so sad...

hondac95

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hondac95

I got the Redwing 50 in Java last time around and like it so much that had to get a second one for my wife. Awesome backpacks and very roomy

claraoc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages claraoc

I bought the Redwing 50 S/M during the last sale, but I'm pretty short (5'3") and the frame part stabs me in the neck no matter how much I adjust the straps. Without some sort of metal-cutting saw, I might try to sell it to someone taller.

acompdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages acompdude

I'm still waiting for the m/l redwing 50 like several other people...

kenosha01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenosha01
claraoc wrote:I bought the Redwing 50 S/M during the last sale, but I'm pretty short (5'3") and the frame part stabs me in the neck no matter how much I adjust the straps. Without some sort of metal-cutting saw, I might try to sell it to someone taller.

I would try to bend the metal internal frame and adjust the middle padding on the pack first before I sell it. The metal is soft enough to bend by hand and the small middle padding moves up and down. They're designed that way to be adjustable too. If that doesn't work, than you might have to sell it and find (or pray that woot will sell) a WSD(Women Specific Design) Kelty Redwing. It's smaller than the 50 or 44.