3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

SafeFlare.com has some really poorly executed photos of their product in action... one photo I guess is marking a hot tub emergency, you never know when you'll have one of those! Better stock up now!!!

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

The biggest advantage of the electronic flares is that often when something bad happens, there's precipitation involved... When it rains it pours as they say and having old fashioned sparklin flares doesn't cut it in the rain, when your already miserable and stranded...

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

erikras

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erikras

Nothing screams "legit company that will stand behind their product" like cell phone quality photos and typos like "safeflare on a disable vehicle."

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
erikras wrote:Nothing screams "legit company that will stand behind their product" like cell phone quality photos and typos like "safeflare on a disable vehicle."

Yikes, Seriously, pay a few hundred and have someone new designer make your site and take some photos.

Could be a good stocking stuffer or just just buy it and throw it in the trunk of your cars, you never know when it could come in handy.

bookofjoshua

erikras wrote:Nothing screams "legit company that will stand behind their product" like cell phone quality photos and typos like "safeflare on a disable vehicle."

no, no, that's slang... that's a "dis" able vehicle.

Seriously, Home Depot carries them, often safety products are made by small companies. I would give this advice though, test the unit and then pull the batteries out and tape them in a baggie to the outside. The last thing you want is a battery leak destroying your only safety signal!!

gustador

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gustador

Can't find a video of these things in action to see how fast these lights strobe. Thinking of getting these as bike tail lights since it's still dark at 7am and dusk comes at 5pm around here. Might use them on my night runs too.

bookofjoshua

gustador wrote:Can't find a video of these things in action to see how fast these lights strobe. Thinking of getting these as bike tail lights ...Might use them on my night runs too.

have you seen these?

Kuyakevin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kuyakevin

Probably not the best. Would rather have a flare with a stand some 25- 50 feet behind my disabled car to alert other drivers to move over to the outer lane. I'm purchasing them so if I have a flat tire at night I can place them on top of that wheel well. It allows me and others know where I'm working.

loofa

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loofa

These are very effective... but expensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6w-sxv7CkA

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

To heck with the trunk, Imma take these to the club!

Oontsoontsoontsoontsoontsoonts...

Seriously though - regular flares DO work in the rain, unless they're like, totally submerged.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

allovesadeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages allovesadeal

I have the TurboFlare that I purchased from Sams Club a number of years ago. Great product. I'm going to purchase the SafeFlare's from woot.

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap

OK, I'm a slave to public transit in the city (by choice - don't own a car,), and I am in for 3x2 - one for each jacket and a pair of back-ups.

It's always a challenge to wait at a bus stop in the dark and have a bus blow by because it did not see you. In Seattle, most of the major stops have a post with a light that flashes for 60 seconds or so, after you push it, to let the driver know you're in the shelter, but by the time you sit down, you need to go and re-activate the light.

If these have a good enough magnet, they would be perfect to use at any bus stop, so you can have a seat while you wait, letting the light catch the driver's eye.

As for the "quality" I'm not expecting much, but that's why I am going for 3x2.

isrousro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isrousro

If you are looking for a light of this type, find one with SOLAS (safety of life at sea) approval.

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

How do they stand up on the roadway? Do they come with a tripod or other stand? Chemical flares are a fire hazard but are very bright.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge
geo8rge wrote:How do they stand up on the roadway? Do they come with a tripod or other stand? Chemical flares are a fire hazard but are very bright.

Apparently they have a magnetic base and float.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

compmikey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compmikey

I couldn't find anything in the specs regarding actual size (rare for woot). These are 6-1/4 inches tall. I'm thinking dog leash lights, but can't find any info or pics that suggest they have a strap or hole for a key-ring. They are listed on HomeDepot for ONE unit @ same price.

maverickma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maverickma

This item is very flashy....I had to order one.

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2
RobinBobcat wrote:

Seriously though - regular flares DO work in the rain, unless they're like, totally submerged.

Not to bash you, more to "illuminate" the majesty of Science!!, but some flares should light--and stay lit, even underwater.

Magnesium flares contain the fuel, oxidizer and ignition cap in them. Super cool!

Also the LED flare stuck on the bus stop sign is brilliant.

That is all.

J. Singe

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sucker4crap wrote:OK, I'm a slave to public transit in the city (by choice - don't own a car,), and I am in for 3x2 - one for each jacket and a pair of back-ups.

It's always a challenge to wait at a bus stop in the dark and have a bus blow by because it did not see you. In Seattle, most of the major stops have a post with a light that flashes for 60 seconds or so, after you push it, to let the driver know you're in the shelter, but by the time you sit down, you need to go and re-activate the light.

If these have a good enough magnet, they would be perfect to use at any bus stop, so you can have a seat while you wait, letting the light catch the driver's eye.

As for the "quality" I'm not expecting much, but that's why I am going for 3x2.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that sees these sort of things as a bus rider's dream item in winter!

I'm just hanging out, really.

shoemitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoemitt

Which is great when I am traveling on a metal highway or in the bayou!

shoemitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoemitt
inkycatz wrote:I'm so glad I'm not the only one that sees these sort of things as a bus rider's dream item in winter!

Where's my flying bus!?!

digitalurbancamo

quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo

I would be mad if this came in a Bunch of Cheer

twowootthree

quality posts: 16 Private Messages twowootthree
shoemitt wrote:Which is great when I am traveling on a metal highway or in the bayou!

too funny. you've been lurking for over 6 years to post those comments.

sunny441

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sunny441

Putting together a "Winter Kit", as I drive about 100 miles a day - in for 2x2.

dyip32

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dyip32

For those planning to store it away until needed (uhm, I guess there is no other plan, LOL) - do be careful that the batteries don't leak or start leaking out and ruin the internal leads on the light

Just safe warning.

apocryphea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apocryphea

Does anyone know if there's an underwater depth rating for these things? I'm considering possible usage for Scuba Diving. If not that's okay, It's going to be in my tool/emergency stuff kit thingers anyways.

ZLoth

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ZLoth

In for three. These look safer than road flares.

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx
dyip32 wrote:For those planning to store it away until needed (uhm, I guess there is no other plan, LOL) - do be careful that the batteries don't leak or start leaking out and ruin the internal leads on the light

Just safe warning.

Good preventive measure. If you can't avoid it, white vinegar can be used to help clean up the aftermath of corroded alkaline battery compartments.

Peaty

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Peaty

I'm in for a few sets, I plan on keeping the batteries out and next to the light with a rubber band or something. I'm worried about the batteries leaking as mentioned above. I have a set of these in a car.

http://www.amazon.com/FlareAlert-Emergency-Beacon-Flares-Storage/dp/B000LQ78YY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354834605&sr=8-1&keywords=electronic+flair+3+pack

more expensive but good quality.

Peaty

150+ Woots and no signs of stopping...

styflan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages styflan

In for two to replace the safety triangles that were stolen out of my trunk last month, along with my tool kit, air pump, first aid kit & a 6 pack of water..the dumb dodos. Hope they choke on the water & eat the Neosporin. Back on topic now. Safety flares, yay!

I keep the batteries in upside down (or backwards) in my flashlights that are in the car. Just switch them around when I need them. Never had batteries blow up or go dead that way.

angryrooster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryrooster
apocryphea wrote:Does anyone know if there's an underwater depth rating for these things? I'm considering possible usage for Scuba Diving. If not that's okay, It's going to be in my tool/emergency stuff kit thingers anyways.

Well since they float, I'm going to say 6 inches (the length of the flare that would fall below the surface) and suggest that they might not be the best for SCUBA.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
twowootthree wrote:too funny. you've been lurking for over 6 years to post those comments.

LOL thought the same thing,maybe he/she was waiting for this item to finally come up? Can't wait until 2018 to see what else he/she has to say!

selearie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selearie

are these reusable? or after 200 hours they just don't work anymore?

bookofjoshua

selearie wrote:are these reusable? or after 200 hours they just don't work anymore?

yes...AAA, notice that myself and another person suggested pulling the batteries as alkalines tend to leak. The 200 hours is the amount of time you get before the battery dies. Though it should be noted that a set of six 30min flares will run you about $20-30 so even if they were disposable they still are cheaper than regular flares.

boxarox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boxarox

you get what you pay for. ... and sometimes you don't.

First one I opened didn't work, and came apart when i took the batteries out. Lens on top isn't glued worth poo.

after several minutes fiddling I see that the design of the "switch" won't work with metal jacked batteries.

Woot, color me sucker. You let me down this time.

And why now can't I find the customer support email addy?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

boxarox wrote:you get what you pay for. ... and sometimes you don't.

First one I opened didn't work, and came apart when i took the batteries out. Lens on top isn't glued worth poo.

after several minutes fiddling I see that the design of the "switch" won't work with metal jacked batteries.

Woot, color me sucker. You let me down this time.

And why now can't I find the customer support email addy?

Sorry for the problems with the light. Please email support@woot.com so they can help you out. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders