WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Yakima Rackima

Your car's interior is roomy. But sometimes you need to carry stuff (like bikes and camping gear) that won't fit, despite your mad Tetris skills. Instead of attaching a huge net behind your car and dragging your effects along the highway, check out this Yamika rack and cargo box. Your junk will thank you. 
Yakima official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What sort of things have you carried on top of your car? (And has it ever fallen off?)

I'm just hanging out, really.

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2

Huh, I have never had any issues with Yakima products. I rarely see anything they produce going for less than 20% off retail. What really makes me confident in their stuff is their lifetime warranty.

Yakima Warranty Website wrote:This limited lifetime warranty covers all Yakima-brand products* and rack components manufactured by Yakima Products, Inc. (Yakima), and is effective for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the product. This warranty terminates when the original retail purchaser sells or otherwise transfers the product to any other person.

And their Warranty Webpage

Woot, any reason why you only list a 90 day Woot warranty?? The stuff isnt refurb right?

bryane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bryane

Instructions for the mega joe bike rack are here. Looks like a standard trunk-mount, and there are adjustment/positioning straps (not shown in the Woot pic).

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jonathanluu2 wrote:Huh, I have never had any issues with Yakima products. I rarely see anything they produce going for less than 20% off retail. What really makes me confident in their stuff is their lifetime warranty.
We're looking into this!

And their Warranty Webpage

Woot, any reason why you only list a 90 day Woot warranty?? The stuff isnt refurb right?

I'm just hanging out, really.

ndeans

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndeans

I was genuinely excited to see a yakima woot plus event today. However I was very underwhelmed to see only two products for sale. That's it? I have the Whispbars and a skybox 14 for my X3 and was hoping to see some complimentary accessories to go with my stuff.

C'mon woot, more yakima stuff!

I have too many woots to list.

500 Chars. doesn't cut it w00t.

cwc22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cwc22

How far apart are the two support bars on the MegaJoe? Are they close enough together to get a normal adult size mountain bike on there? How about kids bikes?

The "Mega" seems to imply it's for transporting large items only.

Can you get one of them to fit on the back of a small car like a VW Golf or a Mini Cooper?

edit: Looks like http://yakima.com/fit/Information has a thing for finding the right rack for your car, which is helpful.

Pass on this I think, not the best fit for my vehicle.

kimberly1102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimberly1102

Will this work for a SUV?

Bezalel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Bezalel

I'm having a hard time finding the manual for the cargo box. This item isn't listed on the Yakima site and I haven't found a Rhode Gear site.

impact9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages impact9

I'm left wanting. I own 2 yakima racks and I couldn't click fast enough to be so let down. Sigh...

crittera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crittera

http://techmanual.yakima.com/files/1033330C_Joe_Fit_Sheet_INST.pdf

rustybender

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rustybender

Two products? I have yak roof racks on two of my cars and was really hoping to pick up a ski rack. Bummer.