WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Your favorite player on my favorite team leaves.
  • 8% - I hate him/her. 119
  • 39.6% - I wish him/her luck, unless it’s against my team. 591
  • 4.6% - I switch teams. He/she was the only reason I followed this team anyway. 69
  • 47.8% - Depends. Was he traded or did he leave on his own? 714
1493 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby

Wish him well (Manning) and enjoy watching his replacement (Luck).

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Depends.

Peyton Manning, class act.
Ray Allen, class act.
Steve Nash, class act.

It also depends both on the person and whether or not they announce it through a majestically trivial waste of time press conference.

"I'm going to take my talents to South Beach."

These 9 words made one man the biggest a-hole on the planet. I will never forget these 9 words in my life. What an incredibly pretentious thing to say--my talents. Jerk-off.

P.S. woot, "Your favorite player on my favorite team leaves?"

btpaschke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btpaschke

Team sports are pointless and boring to watch unless there's a personal investment (friend/relative/child of a friend or relative plays). I'd rather participate...and even at that, I prefer non-competitive individual sports that allow for multiple participants/socialization. Yes, kayaking and hiking are sports.

alefnought

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alefnought

The answers don't seem to match up with the question. The answers refer to *my* favorite player on *my* favorite team; whereas the question refers to *my* favorite player on *your* favorite team.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
curtisuxor wrote:Depends.

Ray Allen, class act.
Steve Nash, class act.

It also depends both on the person and whether or not they announce it through a majestically trivial waste of time press conference.

These 9 words made one man the biggest a-hole on the planet. I will never forget these 9 words in my life. What an incredibly pretentious thing to say--my talents. Jerk-off.

Couldn't agree more.

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

Yeah, guys...this question is harder to interpret than a double negative by like a factor of ten.

bigyoda20

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigyoda20

Who frigging cares!

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

I do the classic Fantasy football. Hope that he does well even against my own team, as long as my team still wins.

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

If they are my favorite player and they are leaving your favorite team, they just might be moving to my favorite team, in that case I'm all for it.

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

The Chiefs were already terrible, and TG left! I cried for weeks.

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

I can't say for sure, but if Dirk left the Mavs, I would probably stop watching...

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus
curtisuxor wrote:Depends.

Ray Allen, class act.
Steve Nash, class act.

Unless you live in S. Florida when that was the greatest thing to say by the best player since Jordan. Sux to be you!!
How can you blame the guy? Have you ever been to Cleveland? Nuff said!

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
alefnought wrote:The answers don't seem to match up with the question. The answers refer to *my* favorite player on *my* favorite team; whereas the question refers to *my* favorite player on *your* favorite team.

What do up expect from questions about spectator "sports"? It's as incongruous as a tech toy named after a killing machine. Oh, they did that too. :-P

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

zollars23

quality posts: 15 Private Messages zollars23

Eff you, James Harden.. (sniff, sniff)

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

{img]https://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/712b9375-5487-4897-baf4-2212baf8dbca.png[/img]

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

Well, when Jimmy left the debate team, I was heartbroken and angry at first, but I realized his overuse of the slippery-slope fallacy was a major hindrance, so now I just wish him luck.

FretlessM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FretlessM

You mean like when Ichiro went to the Yankees?

lumpthar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lumpthar

Didn't you ask this question about a month ago?

ishnite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ishnite

I was a big Angels fan before they won the World Series. After that all my favorite players were traded. I stopped following them after that.

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor
hosesplus wrote:Unless you live in S. Florida when that was the greatest thing to say by the best player since Jordan. Sux to be you!!
How can you blame the guy? Have you ever been to Cleveland? Nuff said!

Yes, the vapid, vain, celebrity-obsessed failures at life that reside there finally have something good happen to them. Oh wait, they won the championship in 2006.

zollars23 wrote:Eff you, James Harden.. (sniff, sniff)

OKC traded him. He wasn't a free agent. Stupid move by OKC. They also should have sent him to the Eastern Conference. I seriously cannot understand why they would trade away the most talented sixth man since Manu Ginobili.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

You might have to tell us your favorite team first, so that we may decide if we even have a favorite player on your favorite team.

alefnought

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alefnought
ckeilah wrote:What do up expect from questions about spectator "sports"? It's as incongruous as a tech toy named after a killing machine. Oh, they did that too. :-P

If ESPN fantasy football analysts can make a reference to 18th century German Sturm und drang theatre, I think I can expect Sport! Woot polling questions to make sense.

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

Cry about the loss of a somewhat good player (I live in Minnesota where we have no good sports players) and then keep watching in the futile hopes that a team like the Lynx come along sometime and wins a championship. I also hate the player who left, except Moss.

Flaminghotsauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flaminghotsauce

I must say I enjoyed all the photoshop jobs making fun of Albert Puhols watching TV while my Cardinals MADE the playoffs. He left purely for the money.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I remember when Farve left Green Bay. All of Wisconsin felt personally betrayed. It never occurred to them that he felt no intrinsic loyalty to Wisconsin. He's not from here. We are not his people. The Packers were just his employer.

This makes as much sense as getting mad at a co-worker because they took a better paying job.