4%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

nowoot4u

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nowoot4u

These are nice and strong, but note that they do not fold.

Unless 300lbs Uncle Ralph takes a ride on it after drinking too much and lands a 15ft jump from the roof. Then it'll likely fold. Thanks Unca Ralph.

pennyfromheaven

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pennyfromheaven

These are great for ramps, jumps and using at the skate park. You don't want the folding kind for more experienced riders. I purchased one for my son 11 months ago and bought an extended warranty ( my son breaks everything) and I didn't need it. It's stood up to a lot of hard riding and falls. I'm in for 2 more for my other boys.

ginawoot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages ginawoot
nowoot4u wrote:These are nice and strong, but note that they do not fold.

Thanks for that info. I'm looking for a folding model for short trips to the library or cafe, suitable for adult use (< 175 pounds). Any model recommendation for me?

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Razor Ultra Pro Kick Scooter
PRICE COMPARISONS

WOOT Today = $49.99 + $5 shipping
Best Price Found Today-WOOT = $22 under next best price

Toys R'Us = $76.99 + ships free
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3855668

ebay + $79.99 + ships free
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Razor-Ultra-Pro-Dragon-Scooter-Aluminum-Body-BRAND-NEW-/261135238387?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D380508682889%26ps%3D54

Amazon = $69.99 + $9.99 shipping
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002D9ZQMI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=AWBXJHHCKE475

NOTE:
The above dealers and prices were found using a random 'Google' search and is a 'good faith' effort to find and compare average prices for comparisons on the web. Your own specific search may find differing and/or lower prices.

AspiringArchitect

quality posts: 2 Private Messages AspiringArchitect

I always wonder where the "Retail" prices are pulled from. Maybe suggested retail but no one would pay that much for something that has been around for 12 years.

anarce

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anarce
ginawoot wrote:Thanks for that info. I'm looking for a folding model for short trips to the library or cafe, suitable for adult use (< 175 pounds). Any model recommendation for me?

Check out the Razor A5 Lux. It folds, holds up to 220 lbs, and has 200mm wheels to roll over cracks and bumps better. I got one for commuting from the train to the office. Just rode it this morning actually.

LinenEphod

quality posts: 3 Private Messages LinenEphod

What is the recommended age for something like this?

adamrogers47

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adamrogers47
ginawoot wrote:Thanks for that info. I'm looking for a folding model for short trips to the library or cafe, suitable for adult use (< 175 pounds). Any model recommendation for me?

Check out the A5 Lux, it's perfect for commuting.

cwc22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cwc22

Watch out for wet leaves. I just had to ban my child from using the Razor scooter until Spring because I completely wiped out going around a corner while borrowing it at the weekend when I hit mushy leaves.

Seriously, you don't mess with wet leaves or snow with these things.

saberworks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saberworks
cwc22 wrote:Watch out for wet leaves. I just had to ban my child from using the Razor scooter until Spring because I completely wiped out going around a corner while borrowing it at the weekend when I hit mushy leaves.

Seriously, you don't mess with wet leaves or snow with these things.

Wait, did I read that right? You banned your child because YOU wiped out? Am I missing something?

cwc22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cwc22
saberworks wrote:Wait, did I read that right? You banned your child because YOU wiped out? Am I missing something?

You read that correctly. If it helps, I also applied the temporary ban to myself.

rugrat3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rugrat3
LinenEphod wrote:What is the recommended age for something like this?

I use a scooter (the Xootr). I'm almost 75. Race with my grandkids. Also commute to the doctor's office. No correlation.