WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Lofty Aftermath Airsoft Ambitions

It's a dangerous world out there. You've got to be able to protect yourself from...paper targets, we guess, or people with really sensitive skin.
Aftermath official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

How well do these Airsofts compare to the other brands out there?

I'm just hanging out, really.

clintonschasteen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clintonschasteen
inkycatz wrote:How well do these Airsofts compare to the other brands out there?

I don't know....but the thought of blasting my doosh-canoe best friends, my neighbor's yappy dog, and other suburban wildlife with 300 plastic BBs at 430 fps makes me giddy a sh*t.

nmchapma

quality posts: 20 Private Messages nmchapma
inkycatz wrote:How well do these Airsofts compare to the other brands out there?

Aftermath makes quality guns that are fun. They don't have the advertised power but it's not too far off. You can get bigger clips for pretty cheap all over the place.

These are a good deal. The MSRP may say $299.99 but realistically you can get them everyday for about $179.99 so $129.99 for a non-refurb is pretty good.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Aftermath_Kirenex_PRO_Airsoft_Rifle/2823

rudeness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rudeness

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This is for fightin'
This is for fun

nicktaurasaur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicktaurasaur
clintonschasteen wrote:I don't know....but the thought of blasting my doosh-canoe best friends, my neighbor's yappy dog, and other suburban wildlife with 300 plastic BBs at 430 fps makes me giddy a sh*t.

Don't shoot animals with this unless you plan on hurting them very badly. Depending on the distance and weight of the bb, 400 fps will break human skin easily and has potential to kill rodents.

don3_16@hotmail.com

quality posts: 0 Private Messages don3_16@hotmail.com
nicktaurasaur wrote:Don't shoot animals with this unless you plan on hurting them very badly. Depending on the distance and weight of the bb, 400 fps will break human skin easily and has potential to kill rodents.

I'm not an airsoft rifle enthusiast and looking for some advice. I'm looking more for a way to scare away skunks and other animals that get into my yard and decide to scrap with my dog. Will this do the trick or am I better off getting a BB gun for that purpose?

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

These are very heavy and sturdy. I got the foldable stalk paratrooper to shoot roaches, but it takes me 10 shots to hit it. There's no weaver rail so I could mount my laser sites or scopes on it. Now looking at the Dyson sale to see if I should use that instead. This thing will kill any insect. It will tear it apart. I don't like the clean up so I'm looking at alternatives.

minkling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages minkling

Woot needs to look at it's shipping restrictions closer. Airsoft are legal in Michigan. Check here http://www.pyramydair.com/shipping-restrictions;jsessionid=1C908F05EB92F2AAFBA5C19D3BD48B6D.app02

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

Magazines, not clips.

Also, one step closer to woot selling real guns... :D

Suck it, Trebek.

Polishemt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Polishemt

Not well, the interals are cheap over greased plastic. That don't last long. Look at Echo-1, A&K or D-Boys for "entry level" guns.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

I spent 3 times this much on roof repairs due to damn racoons and squirrels last year. My only concern is what my neighbors will think of me running around with something approximating an assault rifle. Those little orange tips aren't super noticable.

eeddii22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eeddii22
don3_16@hotmail.com wrote:I'm not an airsoft rifle enthusiast and looking for some advice. I'm looking more for a way to scare away skunks and other animals that get into my yard and decide to scrap with my dog. Will this do the trick or am I better off getting a BB gun for that purpose?

Airsoft guns would be ok to just scare off skunks, might sting a bit and much less than a bb gun, though you wouldn't need a 400 fps $130 gun.

jakeiscrazy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jakeiscrazy
ghostofdavid wrote:Magazines, not clips.

Also, one step closer to woot selling real guns... :D

Real guns are kinda tricky. Maybe just the uppers and some other gun stuff. No FFL troubl

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid
jakeiscrazy wrote:Real guns are kinda tricky. Maybe just the uppers and some other gun stuff. No FFL troubl

Yea, I know. I work in an FFL a few times a year. Uppers would be pretty easy to sell.

Suck it, Trebek.