WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Mongoose Malapropism!

Mongoose is a great name for a bike. It sounds wild, unpredictable, and fearless. What's YOUR bike called? Marmot? Psh. Guinea Pig? Feh. Go with a Mongoose.
Mongoose official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Feel free to review these bikes and share your bike buying tips.

I'm just hanging out, really.

irqzero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irqzero
inkycatz wrote:Feel free to review these bikes and share your bike buying tips.

Potentially dangerous, crappy bikes made by children.

justmejoseph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justmejoseph

What do you mean, made by children? Like, in a sweatshop, or are you mocking the designers at Mongoose, or what?

bobtina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bobtina

Mongoose makes is very low end bikes. irqzero was probably referring to how these bikes are usually assembled. A lot of times people will buy Mongoose from Wal-Mart, which is notorious for putting together their bikes incorrectly.

If you are looking to buy a bike for you kid, then Mongoose will work. If you are looking to buy a bike for yourself, skip these. They are heavy and use cheap parts (shifting will be a atrocious).

If you do end up buying one of these please please please go over the entire bike and make sure that it is assembled competently before it gets taken out for a ride.

irqzero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irqzero
justmejoseph wrote:What do you mean, made by children? Like, in a sweatshop, or are you mocking the designers at Mongoose, or what?

Thought that would be obvious, sorry, I meant sweat shop.

lmsieu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lmsieu

Where are the WOMEN's BIKES! HELLOOOO!!

Lily
and the dog.

santamonicaandy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santamonicaandy

26" probably refers to the wheel size not the frame size the bike may be too small or too big for you.Impossible to tell. Also there is really no gender difference in mountain bike technology just get a smaller frame but in this case we don't know that.

stablehomotopy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stablehomotopy

On proper bikes there is a small difference between men's and women's bikes (of the same model). The top tube is a little shorter and everything else is moved a bit to compensate. Th
If you're looking for a bike, for the love of god please go to your local bike shop and either get a second hand one for $400-600 or a well made one for $840+. These department store bikes are truly terrible, they wont fit and they will break soon.

parallaxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parallaxx

$200 for a brand new camo mountain bike is not bad.

will report back if it is jenky when received.

side note: my first 'proper' bmx bike when i was a kid was a mongoose and they werent a department store brand back then... Hoping that all the mongoose bashers are wrong since i have not owned a bike in over 10 years.

I just want something to ride on easy bike trails and something i wont have to worry about hitting a bump or being spotted by game i might be stalking.

wygcy2012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wygcy2012

I find the bicycle the man riding on this pic is just what I like most. May you provide some information on sale about this bicycle? Thanks!