3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I do not understand why this is called a 2-ball putter. And what's with that big thingy on the backside of it? Obviously, I'm not a golfer. Help me understand.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

greengert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greengert
ThunderThighs wrote:I do not understand why this is called a 2-ball putter. And what's with that big thingy on the backside of it? Obviously, I'm not a golfer. Help me understand.

Obviously its a male putter.

pupyluvr

quality posts: 51 Private Messages pupyluvr

The Proper Way to Throw Your Club
Everyone gets angry on the course at one point or another. Top 100 Teacher Charlie King shows you the proper way to release that anger, and your club, into a watery grave.

http://www.golf.com/video/proper-way-throw-your-club

It looks like you should be able to get some good distance with this club. If you watch the video you will notice that the golfer below is not using proper throwing technique.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
ThunderThighs wrote:I do not understand why this is called a 2-ball putter. And what's with that big thingy on the backside of it? Obviously, I'm not a golfer. Help me understand.

Okay... First, it' not called a "2-ball putter." It's called a "2-ball Lined putter." The idea is to pretend that the two discs on the putter are two balls in a line, and you're supposed to visualize the third ball -- i.e., the one you're putting -- as a third ball in line with the other two balls. It's for people who are having trouble making their putts go straight.

Seattleone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seattleone

To putt or not too putt..that is the question?

ThunderThighs

Staff

greengert wrote:Obviously its a male putter.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

smitty79

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smitty79

It's a "2-ball" putter because of the TWO white circles on the putter. Not sure whick "big thingy" you're referring to, but I think you're talking about the weight on the back, underside of the putter. It's just a design feature, it helps balance the putter.

ThunderThighs

Staff

mdnorman wrote:Okay... First, it' not called a "2-ball putter." It's called a "2-ball Lined putter." The idea is to pretend that the two discs on the putter are two balls in a line, and you're supposed to visualize the third ball -- i.e., the one you're putting -- as a third ball in line with the other two balls. It's for people who are having trouble making their putts go straight.

Ah-ha! Makes sense when you call it a two-ball lined putter. Thanks!

(Doesn't get as many giggles either.)

FORUM MODERATOR

pupyluvr

ThunderThighs wrote:

Clearly that one bicycler guy won't be buying one then.

mdnorman

Uh... There may be a little confusion here. The description suggests this is the Odyssey 2-ball mallet putter, but the picture (and specs) indicate that it is the blade putter. The putter that is recognized as the "Golf Digest Hot List" winner is the mallet version. So, what is it going to be -- the mallet or the blade?

ThunderThighs

Staff

mdnorman wrote:Uh... There may be a little confusion here. The description suggests this is the Odyssey 2-ball mallet putter, but the picture (and specs) indicate that it is the blade putter. The putter that is recognized as the "Golf Digest Hot List" winner is the mallet version. So, what is it going to be -- the mallet or the blade?

Ok, I'm not a golfer here. In small words, explain what you're saying so I can explain it over the phone. Links help.

FORUM MODERATOR

mdnorman

ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, I'm not a golfer here. In small words, explain what you're saying so I can explain it over the phone. Links help.

The putter shown on the woot page is the blade style putter. The putter shown on the page accessed by the link given for the "Golf Digest 2011 Hot List Gold Medal Winner" is a mallet head style putter. The product description on the woot page refers to a mallet head, but the specs refer to a blade. (Am I going to be placed on the payroll now?)

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Looks like some goober from Golf Monthly tried this out in this exciting video

ThunderThighs

Staff

mdnorman wrote:The putter shown on the woot page is the blade style putter. The putter shown on the page accessed by the link given for the "Golf Digest 2011 Hot List Gold Medal Winner" is a mallet head style putter. The product description on the woot page refers to a mallet head, but the specs refer to a blade. (Am I going to be placed on the payroll now?)

Hoo boy. This is gonna be fun to explain. I found links on Callaways though and I see what you're saying.

FORUM MODERATOR

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, I'm not a golfer here. In small words, explain what you're saying so I can explain it over the phone. Links help.

You still use a phone???

(PS "in small words": crack me up!!!)

ThunderThighs

Staff

lstaff wrote:You still use a phone???

(PS "in small words": crack me up!!!)

Only thing that wakes 'em up at this hour.

FORUM MODERATOR

glennnnie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages glennnnie

Not mallet? Uh...I thought it was. Hmmm...

ThunderThighs

Staff

This be a BLADE PUTTER!!

I've woken everyone up (I'm not real popular right now) and the word is that we are selling the BLADE PUTTER.

If you ordered thinking this was the Mallet Putter (and you know the difference between the two) and you would like to cancel your order, email support@woot.com. Include your woot username and order number for quicker service.

FORUM MODERATOR

glennnnie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages glennnnie

Well, there it is, right in the item description: Odyssey White Ice 2-Ball Lined Putter. Oh, wait, no. Still...hmmm.

ThunderThighs

Staff

glennnnie wrote:Well, there it is, right in the item description: Odyssey White Ice 2-Ball Lined Putter. Oh, wait, no. Still...hmmm.

DON'T CONFUSE ME!

FORUM MODERATOR

lotrelf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lotrelf

is this a blade putter or not and if it is what kind odyssey has a few different types?

ThunderThighs

Staff

lotrelf wrote:is this a blade putter or not and if it is what kind odyssey has a few different types?

We are selling the Odyssey Golf White Ice 2-Ball Blade Lined RH Putter.

FORUM MODERATOR

fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel
ThunderThighs wrote:We are selling the Odyssey Golf White Ice 2-Ball Blade Lined RH Putter.

Is there a woot+ deal for a blade sharpener and do you have the left handed one because my caddy is left handed and always sharpens with the left and mallets with the right. Speaking of mallets, anyone for a game of croquet? And speaking of croquet, how about you make me some turkey croquet(tes) before the meat spoils. Chop-chop! Or should I say slice-slice?[/sleep deprivation]

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban

Blades and mallets...mallets and blades....

Seriously the longest time I've ever spent reading this sportwoot forum.

Thanks for the early morning laugh!

larryed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larryed

does this putter include the head cover? I don't see it in the description and all Odyssey's come with one.

ThunderThighs

Staff

larryed wrote:does this putter include the head cover? I don't see it in the description and all Odyssey's come with one.

Check out this purdy picture in the gallery on the detail page:

I think it looks rather smashing in red & black, don't you?

FORUM MODERATOR

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Odyssey Golf White Ice 2-Ball Blade Lined RH Putter

Price Comparison

Woot Today = $59.99 + 5 shipping

Callaway Golf = $149 + shipping cost unspecified
http://shop.callawaygolf.com/putters-white-ice-2-ball-blade-lined-2011/putters-white-ice-2-ball-blade-lined-2011,default,pd.html

Amazon = $90.99 (34") $109.28 (35") + ships free
http://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-Ice-2Ball-Blade-Putter/dp/B00439FY7S

Golf Headquarters = $89.99 + unspecified shipping. Also, 5% additional off if you "Like" them of Facebook.
http://www.golfhq.com/white-ice-lined-2-ball-blade-putter.html?source=googleps
[MOD: $9.81 shipping to me]

ebay = $102.99 + ships free
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Odyssey-White-Ice-2-Ball-Blade-Lined-34-Golf-Putter-Right-Hand-/271107426387?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D13534%26meid%3D3734231569455173357%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1080%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D230873766003%26

**WOOT in this comparison has the best offer found

**NOTE**
The prices and links shown above are from a 'good faith' and random search using Google. Your own search certainly may find differing prices and/or even lower prices. This post was made in the hopes of demonstrating a good average comparison from the Web.

thecorb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thecorb

Sorry, but this is not a blade putter. Blade putters have narrower heads...hence the use of the desciptive word "blade."

This is a blade putter:

This is a link to an Odyssey blade putter:
http://www.globalgolf.com/product/golfclub/-/sku--1019244-aac/ladies/putter/odyssey/divine-blade.aspx?gd=1&id=31164028618&utm_content=plusbox&gclid=CM3qir6J7bMCFQUFnQod8BMAuQ

afitzgerald9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages afitzgerald9

I notice this has the adjustable weighting. Will this come with the other weights or do we need to buy them on their own?

conq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conq
thecorb wrote:Sorry, but this is not a blade putter. Blade putters have narrower heads...hence the use of the desciptive word "blade."

This is a blade putter:

http://www.globalgolf.com/product/golfclub/-/sku--1019244-aac/ladies/putter/odyssey/divine-blade.aspx?gd=1&id=31164028618&utm_content=plusbox&gclid=CM3qir6J7bMCFQUFnQod8BMAuQ

They are just listing what callaway calls it. If you look at the picture of the bottom even callaway stamped "blade" on it. They have "non blade" version of the 2-ball putter.

ThunderThighs

Staff

thecorb wrote:Sorry, but this is not a blade putter. Blade putters have narrower heads...hence the use of the desciptive word "blade."

Here's the Odyssey page for the unlined Blade 2-ball Putter.

We don't name 'em; we just sell 'em.

FORUM MODERATOR

saltyk9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltyk9

This is a blade putter:

If you pretend the 2 "balls" were removed from the putter, what would be left is a blade putter. If you remove the 2 "balls" from the Odyssey 2-Ball Mallet putter, what would be left is a mallet putter. That's how they distinguish it as a blade putter, even though, technically, it may not be a true blade.

ageas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ageas

This is a blade putter:

Actually, that's a ladies Divine model. This is the Mens blade being sold here:
http://www.globalgolf.com/product/golfclub/-/pid--1019929/putter/odyssey/white-ice-2ball-blade-lined.aspx?gd=2&plen=2

confused15

quality posts: 7 Private Messages confused15

lmao so at 34 posts this far 11 of them are yours, TT. Holding over 30% of the comments on this item I bet your thinking "Icarumba" at this point.

P.S.
Anyone know whether or not this is the blade putter?

mod: be gentle

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
ThunderThighs wrote:We don't name 'em; we just sell 'em.

LMAO!

"Now that's funny, I don't care who you are." -Larry the Cable Guy

pupyluvr

confused15 wrote:
P.S.
Anyone know whether or not this is the blade putter?

Blade putters have better aerodynamics and can therefore be thrown farther.

http://www.golf.com/video/proper-way-throw-your-club

mdnorman

It would be nice if the extra weights were shipped along with the putter, but I doubt that will happen.

augustsuby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages augustsuby

Is anyone else having trouble purchasing this putter? My fiance will not stop talking about this freaking putter so I wanted it to be a surprise but my order will not go through. I've sent an e-mail to woot but haven't heard back. Any other suggestions?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

augustsuby wrote:Is anyone else having trouble purchasing this putter? My fiance will not stop talking about this freaking putter so I wanted it to be a surprise but my order will not go through. I've sent an e-mail to woot but haven't heard back. Any other suggestions?

can we have a few more details?
what kind of error are you receiving?

and yes, if anybody else is having trouble, plz pipe up so we can wrangle some helper elves.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.