WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Gamo (Air) Rifles

Okay so it's not a RIFLE rifle, but an air rifle can still provide home security. Especially if you're looking for security from PAPER TARGETS. Sorry, that was weird. Despite the fact that these are made specifically to shoot PAPER TARGETS we're not allowed to imply in any way that you would actually shoot a poor defenseless PAPER TARGET.
Gamo USA official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Compare and contrast!

I'm just hanging out, really.

admrgd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages admrgd

Only $20 more for a new one on Amazon

brokesmoker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brokesmoker

"recoil absorption". lol

pfinster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfinster

Not a great deal for a refurb. like another post, $20 more, you can get brand new. Like at Bass Pro, Amazon, Cabela's......etc.....

conman77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages conman77

I have a similar model and boy is it is about as loud as a .22.

I wish I would have paid a little more and got a nitro break barrel instead of a spring piston. Smoother, quieter, and you don't have to worry about it being cocked too long and stretching out the spring.

Get this one instead: http://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin-regal-nitro-piston-177-caliber-magnum-air-rifle.html

civictyper30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages civictyper30

Can I get some clarification? You say that this is the Big Cat 1250 but I can't find anything about this being 1250 FPS or Gamo making a 1250 FPS .22, but the model number you use (Gamo ZR611004815554 RFB) shows this being 950 FPS. Some clarification would be awesome Also on Amazon it lists as 950 FPS if that helps.

amgroma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amgroma
civictyper30 wrote:Can I get some clarification? You say that this is the Big Cat 1250 but I can't find anything about this being 1250 FPS or Gamo making a 1250 FPS .22, but the model number you use (Gamo ZR611004815554 RFB) shows this being 950 FPS. Some clarification would be awesome Also on Amazon it lists as 950 FPS if that helps.

I own the .22 for sale on here, and it's definitely 1250. The box for the big cat states 1250.

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan
amgroma wrote:I own the .22 for sale on here, and it's definitely 1250. The box for the big cat states 1250.

Are you sure you can get 1250 on a .22 caliber?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Using PBA alloy/plastic pellets you WILL go supersonic, in a LOUD way. Using lead pellets you get 950fps, and no sonic BOOM.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
Woot Tang Clan wrote:Are you sure you can get 1250 on a .22 caliber?

No, he can't.

From Gamo's website "Big Cat® .22 Cal. [Item # 611004855554]
.22 Caliber, 950 fps with PBA® PLATINUM (750 fps with lead), 4X32 Air Rifle Scope"

Here is the link

http://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?product=Big Cat® .22 Cal.&productID=338

The description should probably be changed as well.

Also there are some great reviews on the website too..

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

nmchapma wrote:No, he can't.

From Gamo's website "Big Cat® .22 Cal. [Item # 611004855554]
.22 Caliber, 950 fps with PBA® PLATINUM (750 fps with lead), 4X32 Air Rifle Scope"

Here is the link

http://www.gamousa.com/product.aspx?product=Big Cat® .22 Cal.&productID=338

The description should probably be changed as well.

I'm checking with the Buyer.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

beaverspork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaverspork

I can verify the .22 does not go 1250 fps. The .177 reportedly will get close to that with pba ammo. However, you don't want a supersonic pellet gun as the design of pellets in general make them very unstable/inaccurate at over approx. 1k fps.

nmchapma

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm checking with the Buyer.

So if I buy one and the box says 950fps will Woot give me a full refund due to your error? I hope so because I'm betting that issue will be coming up.

mjregier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mjregier
nmchapma wrote:So if I buy one and the box says 950fps will Woot give me a full refund due to your error? I hope so because I'm betting that issue will be coming up.

That makes this so tempting! I could get something for free!

But is that really right or would I just be adding to what's wrong with this world...

fleance2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fleance2k
brokesmoker wrote:"recoil absorption". lol

Obviously you haven't shot a break barrel before. It takes 20-40 lbs (depending on model) to arm and much of that energy is transferred into the stock in the firing.

It's not the same recoil as a firearm but there is significantly more felt recoil than a 22lr. You will certainly notice the difference shooting one of these for a couple hours w/ and w/o a butt pad.

adrian1205

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adrian1205
inkycatz wrote:Compare and contrast!

nmchapma

mjregier wrote:That makes this so tempting! I could get something for free!

But is that really right or would I just be adding to what's wrong with this world...

HAHA, I'm not talking about getting it free. I'm talking about people returning them because they don't have the muzzle energy or knockdown power that Woot is claiming they do. Being a .22 it will be better for hunting even at the lower fps.

BTW here is a great formula for calculating muzzle energy. Yes, it's the formula for kinetic energy.

Muzzle Energy = [Bullet Weight (grains)*Velocity^2 (fps)]/450400

So a 14.5 grain .22 pellet at 1250fps would produce 50 ft-lbs

but at 950 fps it would be less than 30 ft-lbs

thats a big difference when taking out garden pest but not so much when the paper targets attack.

Yes, I know you can get different grain pellets, its just an example.

Yes, I also know you won't really get either of those velocities and the type of pellet (lead or alloy) matters too, again, its just an example.

killroy108

quality posts: 3 Private Messages killroy108

I ordered the .22 Big Cat, and recieved a .177 Big Cat. The .177 model that I got wasn't even in this sale. I've already contacted customer service so lets see what happens. I've been wanting a decent .22 airgun for a while.

killroy108

quality posts: 3 Private Messages killroy108

Just heard back. I lost out on the luck end. No .22cal rifle to replace it with. Just get to send it back for a refund, or accept $10 partial refund for the mistake.

jgregor5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgregor5
killroy108 wrote:Just heard back. I lost out on the luck end. No .22cal rifle to replace it with. Just get to send it back for a refund, or accept $10 partial refund for the mistake.

I had the same thing happen to me.

pkwiecinski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkwiecinski
jgregor5 wrote:I had the same thing happen to me.

Same to me too, but I received a different shipping number so I feel they shipped the correct one to a different address. I am still waiting to hear back on my 4 open support tickets....

jim5554

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jim5554

It looks like they screwed this one up big time. The UPS tracking number they gave me originally said it was coming to my address.Some where along the line my package was re-routed to Suwanee GA, about 1000 miles away. It was delivered there yesterday. When I contacted Woot about it they just said "Sorry, we don't have any more, you're out of luck" and said they were going to issue a refund. I wonder what kind of gun the guy in Georgia got?

pkwiecinski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pkwiecinski
jim5554 wrote:It looks like they screwed this one up big time. The UPS tracking number they gave me originally said it was coming to my address.Some where along the line my package was re-routed to Suwanee GA, about 1000 miles away. It was delivered there yesterday. When I contacted Woot about it they just said "Sorry, we don't have any more, you're out of luck" and said they were going to issue a refund. I wonder what kind of gun the guy in Georgia got?

at least they got back to you about a refund, my package showed it went to a guy in Ohio.

jim5554

OK. Round 2. I found an air rifle on my doorstep this morning. It was a .177. UPS apparently delivered it late last night and didn't bother to try and get a signature or even ring the doorbell. The tracking number on the package was completely different from the one Woot provided. The refund has already been credited to my account. I know I could just keep the gun and the refund but karma will always get you in the end. Besides, I didn't want a .177. It's easy to be honest when they send you something you don't want, even for free. I also got an e-mail from Woot saying they're aware of the .177 problem and offering to either refund $50 or replace the .177 with a .22. I opted for the latter but I haven't heard anything back yet.
This screw up is going to cost Woot a small fortune.

jim5554

Has anyone gotten the correct gun yet? Woot! emailed me, gave me instructions to return the .177 and promised to send the.22 as soon as it was returned. I did as they requested and now they refuse to answer my emails. They have my gun and my money and now they won't talk to me. Is Woot! going bankrupt? They seem to have shut down customer service.

2fasst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2fasst
jim5554 wrote:Has anyone gotten the correct gun yet? Woot! emailed me, gave me instructions to return the .177 and promised to send the.22 as soon as it was returned. I did as they requested and now they refuse to answer my emails. They have my gun and my money and now they won't talk to me. Is Woot! going bankrupt? They seem to have shut down customer service.

I'm in the same boat. Shipped the incorrect gun back on the 7th and haven't heard anything since.

2fasst

Now it appears that they did a refund instead of the promised exchange. Still no response from Woot support.

simoco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simoco
2fasst wrote:Now it appears that they did a refund instead of the promised exchange. Still no response from Woot support.

This is extremely frustrating. I ordered this as a gift (the .22 cal) and received the .177. I sent it back in order to exchange it as they said they would. Still nothing from them and now I see they issued a refund. If i had known this was the case I would have taken the 50 bucks off and kept the .177. Ugh time to write another email to them. Well looks like my dad will be giftless this year.

2fasst

simoco wrote:This is extremely frustrating. I ordered this as a gift (the .22 cal) and received the .177. I sent it back in order to exchange it as they said they would. Still nothing from them and now I see they issued a refund. If i had known this was the case I would have taken the 50 bucks off and kept the .177. Ugh time to write another email to them. Well looks like my dad will be giftless this year.

Definitely frustrating. Mostly due to the lack of communication from the support staff. Several e-mails as well as a tweet to @wootservice have resulted in nothing.

inkycatz

If you're not getting a return email after getting an automatic confirmation, and it's been 1-2 business days (closer to two, remember it is the holiday season), please check your spam folder. If it's not there, let me know and we can give folks a polite shout up to see what happened and where your email wandered to!

2fasst

inkycatz wrote:If you're not getting a return email after getting an automatic confirmation, and it's been 1-2 business days (closer to two, remember it is the holiday season), please check your spam folder. If it's not there, let me know and we can give folks a polite shout up to see what happened and where your email wandered to!

Definitely not caught in my spam filter.
CAS-87602-R3T5F0 CAS-110992-V1B2T5, CAS-107252-R7J1P4, order #42448209.
Thanks for checking in on this.

inkycatz

2fasst wrote:Definitely not caught in my spam filter.
CAS-87602-R3T5F0 CAS-110992-V1B2T5, CAS-107252-R7J1P4, order #42448209.
Thanks for checking in on this.

We're investigating, so sorry it's been this frustrating!

ThunderThighs

Staff

simoco & 2fasst

I see a 2nd tracking number for your orders. Looks like you'll get it on Monday.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

2fasst

@wootservice Took care of me and got a rifle shipped out. Big thanks go out to whomever manages that account.

Big thanks to inkycatz as well for checking in to this.

Faith in Woot! is restored.

2fasst

ThunderThighs wrote:simoco & 2fasst

I see a 2nd tracking number for your orders. Looks like you'll get it on Monday.

Thanks!

simoco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simoco
ThunderThighs wrote:simoco & 2fasst

Thanks! Woot has come through in the end! Just got it, now to slap a pretty bow on it. My dad will now be able to defend his shop from black birds and squirrels. (Hopefully he won't shoot his eye out) Have a jolly Christmas Woot.

jim5554

I just got mine too. I have to admit I'm a little surprised. I had just about given up hope. It's also a new gun, not a refurb. Thanks Woot! You came through in the end.

Sharky35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sharky35
inkycatz wrote:We're investigating, so sorry it's been this frustrating!

Can you look into my order?
I too am caught in the screw-up.
Waiting on a return tag, and waiting on you to send me a .22!
Thanks

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sharky35 wrote:Can you look into my order?
I too am caught in the screw-up.
Waiting on a return tag, and waiting on you to send me a .22!
Thanks

Go ahead and send another email to support@woot.com. Please include your woot username and order number for faster service.

I'm emailing them as well.