WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Hunt Down Some Deals on Hunting Gear

Hunting's the kind of activity you can't really just decide to do on your own. You need at least a bare minimum of necessities as far as equipment goes. Like shoes and stuff, first off, but also some stuff more specifically related to hunting.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's your essential hunting gear of choice?

I'm just hanging out, really.

uflbret


quality posts: 0 Private Messages uflbret
inkycatz wrote:What's your essential hunting gear of choice?



A good scope for my rifle. Nikon, Leupold, Redfield. That would be first, followed by some good camo, preferably in Realtree AP print. Fabric dependent on weather conditions. A good guthook knife is good to have for "after the kill" to field dress the animal.

boomn4x4


quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4
inkycatz wrote:What's your essential hunting gear of choice?



Good quality clothing. The biggest two are top quality boots and coat.

I spent so much of my money in my early hunting days making sure I had the best money could buy in decoys, calls, concealment, guns, and ammunition. Granted, some of those can lead to good hunting results, but I had many a good days hunting ruined because I was too cold/wet.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

darktide00


quality posts: 4 Private Messages darktide00

You'll shoot your eye out kid....

I told you not to bother me while I'm cleaning my Room!

beautyofmachines


quality posts: 7 Private Messages beautyofmachines

Those antlers would make an awesome set of handlebars for a bike! And of course then you can spar other bikers...

nvgeologist


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nvgeologist
inkycatz wrote:What's your essential hunting gear of choice?



Meat hauling pack.
/At least, that's what I still need to pick up

Anhaga


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Anhaga

I have nothing of any real substance to add, but I wanted to note that it's nice to see actual hunters talking on this thread . . .

dancingbanana


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancingbanana

$86 on amazon.

jaferson


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jaferson

It would be nice if you included some upland hunting gear once in a while...

Bounty of Candy
Speed to First Woot:0m 23.115s
First Sucker:jaferson


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jaferson wrote:It would be nice if you included some upland hunting gear once in a while...


The more specific you are, the better we can hint very strongly to our buyers that this is what the community wants.

Be specific!
Name brands!
Go wild!
We'll see what we can do.

I'm just hanging out, really.

nvgeologist


quality posts: 2 Private Messages nvgeologist
inkycatz wrote:The more specific you are, the better we can hint very strongly to our buyers that this is what the community wants.

Be specific!
Name brands!
Go wild!
We'll see what we can do.


In that case, get us some seconds and refurbs of Nikon and Leopold optics (scopes, spotters, and binocs), will ya?
Ammo wouldn't hurt (unless you drop it on your foot)
Eberlestock packs
Anything smartwool
Underarmor and 5.11 base layers
AR15 parts kits (heck, even uppers, they don't require a FFL to transfer)
AR500 steel targets (heh, I could source those for you, in the shape of the woot "!" if you wanted them)
flannel and wool shirts and pants
waders
The geigerrig hydration bladders and filters are great, get those again.
I could go on and on... :P

DJFonzi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DJFonzi

Please have a field-dressing kit. Not because I need one, but just because I'd love to read the comments. Include a Butt-Out.
Otherwise... Yeah. Optics would be great.

kschom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kschom
nvgeologist wrote:In that case, get us some seconds and refurbs of Nikon and Leopold optics (scopes, spotters, and binocs), will ya?
Ammo wouldn't hurt (unless you drop it on your foot)
Eberlestock packs
Anything smartwool
Underarmor and 5.11 base layers
AR15 parts kits (heck, even uppers, they don't require a FFL to transfer)
AR500 steel targets (heh, I could source those for you, in the shape of the woot "!" if you wanted them)
flannel and wool shirts and pants
waders
The geigerrig hydration bladders and filters are great, get those again.
I could go on and on... :P



i agree with these suggestions, especially the optics because i could use a scope.

uflbret


quality posts: 0 Private Messages uflbret
DJFonzi wrote:Please have a field-dressing kit. Not because I need one, but just because I'd love to read the comments. Include a Butt-Out.
Otherwise... Yeah. Optics would be great.


If you need to use a butt-out tool, you need to spend more time learning to field-dress your animal. Those things are a waste of money.

jaferson


quality posts: 3 Private Messages jaferson
inkycatz wrote:The more specific you are, the better we can hint very strongly to our buyers that this is what the community wants.

Be specific!
Name brands!
Go wild!
We'll see what we can do.



I am just looking for more things that are used for Upland Bird Hunting. Such as blaze orange gear, not camo! Maybe some type's of boots, upland hunting vests, extended choke tubes and anything used in upland hunting. Maybe even some accessories for the dogs! I hunt Pheasant and Grouse, not deer...

Bounty of Candy
Speed to First Woot:0m 23.115s
First Sucker:jaferson