WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Coleman Camping is Classy and Cool

Remember the last time you went camping and that jerk Biff Darlingpuff laughed at your off-brand bear whistle, generic tent spikes, and budget-model firewood? NEVER AGAIN! Coleman's THE brand of camping. You can't say "Coleman" without someone saying, "Going camping?"
Coleman official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

So, any thoughts on that coffee maker?

I'm just hanging out, really.

jacqui10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacqui10

Is the Coleman 6 person Sundome a 3 or 4 season tent?

massacres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages massacres

on the coleman site the photo of this exactly named tent is different, which one is it?

http://www.coleman.com/product/coleman-montana-8-person-tent-with-hinged-door/2000001594#.UKZZnuQ818E

massacres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages massacres

I am referring to the Coleman® Montana™ 8-Person Tent with Hinged Door

inkycatz

massacres wrote:I am referring to the Coleman® Montana™ 8-Person Tent with Hinged Door

Checking into this, thanks for mentioning it!

handyman4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages handyman4
jacqui10 wrote:Is the Coleman 6 person Sundome a 3 or 4 season tent?

It's a 3 season tent.

jacqui10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacqui10

THANKS!!

inkycatz

massacres wrote:I am referring to the Coleman® Montana™ 8-Person Tent with Hinged Door

So we looked into this for you, and rest assured, if you're looking to get this tent, you will receive model 2000001594, which is what is shown on the Coleman site. Happy camping!

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

4 in 1 table but only 1 photo? What are the other 3?

elzar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elzar

Duel burner? Do the burners fight it out?

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
elzar wrote:Duel burner? Do the burners fight it out?

No, that is for 2 PEOPLE fighting. Dual is cirrect for 2 burners fighting. Duel would be OK for 2 burners burning.

Confused? Hope so. I was funning.

Dual=2.

Duel=FIGHT.

Woot!?

steve

inkycatz

johnt007871 wrote:4 in 1 table but only 1 photo? What are the other 3?

Well check this out - a bunch of shots here to help out.

Please let us know if you have further questions!

moby1213

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moby1213

I own the 4 in 1 table set and they work well. They are pretty narrow when used separately, and keep in mind when used together there is the gap in the middle. I haven't put them through anything too rough, mostly just as a prep station and as a buffet table at the camp site. For those uses, as I said, it worked well.

I was looking into purchasing the coffee maker posted here, but went with their stove top coffee maker since the price was about half. The reviews I did read were mostly all positive for the one here on woot, though. I just used the stove top one this past weekend and loved it, so that's a great, cheaper alternative if you're like me and need drip coffee while camping.

dchbrg6797

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dchbrg6797

I purchased my Coleman 8-person instant tent 12 months ago. If you are considering on purchasing Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent. There are couple things you’ll need to be aware.
1. Coleman 8 person Instant Tent comes in two different size. 8’x8’ and 8’x10
2. You will need to purchase a Rainfly. Unfortunately, Coleman is no longer making rainfly for Coleman 8 people instant tent size 8’x10’. I spend over 6month searching and looking for the rainfly to fit the 8’x10’. Amazon used to have rainfly for the 8’x8’.

http://sport.woot.com/offers/8-person-instant-tent

jpitt57488

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jpitt57488
dchbrg6797 wrote:I purchased my Coleman 8-person instant tent 12 months ago. If you are considering on purchasing Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent. There are couple things you’ll need to be aware.
2. You will need to purchase a Rainfly. Unfortunately, Coleman is no longer making rainfly for Coleman 8 people instant tent size 8’x10’. I spend over 6month searching and looking for the rainfly to fit the 8’x10’. Amazon used to have rainfly for the 8’x8’.

I am a little confused about the rain fly. They advertise that you don't need the fly to stay dry...it is only so you can leave the top windows vented to reduce humidity/condensation. I guess what I'm asking is if you don't have the fly will it still keep rain out? Thanks!

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
jpitt57488 wrote:I am a little confused about the rain fly. They advertise that you don't need the fly to stay dry...it is only so you can leave the top windows vented to reduce humidity/condensation. I guess what I'm asking is if you don't have the fly will it still keep rain out? Thanks!

I've been reading the reviews of these tents on Amazon for a long while (and thanks Woot for carrying them!!!). Reports vary greatly, what a surprise. Some people swear no fly is needed, the tent stays nice and dry even in heavy weather, others complain of drippage in mild rain. I had planned to add a fly, personally.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

Grabbed the 2 burner white fuel stove. Question, you state its 1 year coleman warranty but coleman's website states it is 5 years. Do I only get one year because I bought it from woot?

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
dchbrg6797 wrote:I purchased my Coleman 8-person instant tent 12 months ago. If you are considering on purchasing Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent. There are couple things you’ll need to be aware.

Amazon currently sells two Coleman instant tents that they designate as "8-person". The tent shown here is the smaller of the two, at 14x8, and from what I can see on Amazon, they do sell a fly for it.

Amazon also shows a larger one, 14x10, but they don't seem to have a fly for that one at this point -- it just says "coming soon". There's a chart on the page for the rainfly that shows this info.

ayerscolleen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayerscolleen

I bought the 4-in-1 table a few weeks ago to use for craft fairs, and it's pretty awesome. However, I can't say that Woot is offering a particularly good deal. After all, if you buy it through Amazon Prime it's only $54.86!!! So unless you're buying other stuff and getting the free shipping, it would actually be better to go through the regular Amazon listing.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
InFrom wrote:I've been reading the reviews of these tents on Amazon for a long while (and thanks Woot for carrying them!!!). Reports vary greatly, what a surprise. Some people swear no fly is needed, the tent stays nice and dry even in heavy weather, others complain of drippage in mild rain. I had planned to add a fly, personally.

One huge advantage to a rain fly is you can leave your vents open to get some air even when raining. Hot humid nights, this makes a difference. Without one you have to button up and then you get dome drips. Frankly, I have an love a lot of Coleman products for camping but their tents are not one of them. Spend the extra bucks and get a better made (brand) tent.

sarahlav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahlav

For anyone with experience with the "instant" tents.. do they still take two people to set up? I would love to find a large tent I can set up myself.

jamesozzello

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesozzello
sarahlav wrote:For anyone with experience with the "instant" tents.. do they still take two people to set up? I would love to find a large tent I can set up myself.

A bit easier/quicker with 2,but no problem doing it alone

drxo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drxo
InFrom wrote:Amazon currently sells two Coleman instant tents that they designate as "8-person". The tent shown here is the smaller of the two, at 14x8, and from what I can see on Amazon, they do sell a fly for it.

Amazon also shows a larger one, 14x10, but they don't seem to have a fly for that one at this point -- it just says "coming soon". There's a chart on the page for the rainfly that shows this info.

I bought the 14x10 last summer, it was listed as a "10-person" tent, not 8. The one I bought was a Signature Series, which is lighter in color, and comes with enormous screen panels in the roof, and a fly that covers those. I take my 2 young kids camping, and I love the tent because they aren't old enough to help set up and take down - this can be done quickly & easily by a single adult. Note, it IS a heavy tent. Some of these come with a room divider (mine did), allowing 2 separate bedrooms, or a screened front porch plus private bedroom. The huge windows are awesome, it almost feels like you're out in the open. With the fly off mine to expose the roof panels (90% screened area), it's even closer.

The Doc

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG

I have a large Coleman tent, and while I have had to make some minor repairs and improvements, it has been a great tent. I have probably had it for at least 5 years, and it has seen a lot of usage. I foresee being able to continue using it for another 2 years or more. I'm also a fan of the white fuel stoves. They are much cheaper to operate than propane, and just cooler and more manly, LOL! I'd also like to have a white gas lantern as seen here. I know, I like cheap LED lanterns and flashlights, too, but these lanterns are much brighter, and again, cooler and manlier. Have fun camping!

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
MuddyG wrote:I have a large Coleman tent, and while I have had to make some minor repairs and improvements, it has been a great tent. I have probably had it for at least 5 years, and it has seen a lot of usage. I foresee being able to continue using it for another 2 years or more. I'm also a fan of the white fuel stoves. They are much cheaper to operate than propane, and just cooler and more manly, LOL! I'd also like to have a white gas lantern as seen here. I know, I like cheap LED lanterns and flashlights, too, but these lanterns are much brighter, and again, cooler and manlier. Have fun camping!

The white gas is the only way to go. Not only less money to use but if you can find a service station open, you can find fuel. I changed out all my cooking and lighting from propane to white gas years ago.

TheCK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK

I'm interested in the Premium Dual Fuel Lanterns - but my question is can I use these inside? I've never seen anything that burns gasoline that doesn't give off too much fumes to use inside - not really a camper myself but would love to have this for when the power is out and I need to read my paper woot flyers to keep sane ? Anyone ?

--TheCK

kidsandliz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kidsandliz
johnt007871 wrote:4 in 1 table but only 1 photo? What are the other 3?

They can be used separately, in a long line, at 3 heights from counter top to dinner table top to lower than that. I have seen it in person and it seems pretty sturdy. Not sure what #4 is.

kidsandliz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kidsandliz
TheCK wrote:I'm interested in the Premium Dual Fuel Lanterns - but my question is can I use these inside? I've never seen anything that burns gasoline that doesn't give off too much fumes to use inside - not really a camper myself but would love to have this for when the power is out and I need to read my paper woot flyers to keep sane ? Anyone ?

I wouldn't use it inside a tent. It gives off carbon monoxide and if you knock it over you have a fire.
Using it in a house - well if the house was big, it was in the center of a big table and kids weren't playing basketball in the house you'd probably be OK if there was some ventilation.

PCDon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PCDon

The folding table at $49 + 5 SHIPPING is about the same price ($54.86) @ Amazon which has free shipping.

selfindulging

quality posts: 0 Private Messages selfindulging

I have the Evanston 6 person tent, and I think it's great. I mainly like the design of it. The screened in area was a big selling point (I live and use it in FL.) For me, it's a 2 person tent. I had a queen-sized mattress, a chair, three coolers (small, medium, and large), a couple bags, and probably some miscellaneous stuff lying around, and it fit everything nicely without seeming too big.

One of the times I used it, it rained quite a bit. The rain eventually penetrated the tent, and there was some leakage (the rain fly was on). I plan on spraying it with some kind of waterproofing thing next time I'm using it and there is a chance of rain.

I paid around $125 for it on ebay about a year and a half ago, and that was a pretty good deal at the time.

TheCK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK
kidsandliz wrote:I wouldn't use it inside a tent. It gives off carbon monoxide and if you knock it over you have a fire.
Using it in a house - well if the house was big, it was in the center of a big table and kids weren't playing basketball in the house you'd probably be OK if there was some ventilation.

Yeah as my question stated I'm not into camping and I'm not concerned with stupid as far as allowing kids to be bouncing something on fire I just assume that it's not for indoor use since the fumes would be bad but wanted some expert feedback if this was considered an outdoor lantern only or not - thanks --CK

--TheCK

jj345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jj345

Anyone else waiting for shipping? Ordered 2 sleeping bags on the 16th and am still awaiting shipping?

tuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuke
jj345 wrote:Anyone else waiting for shipping? Ordered 2 sleeping bags on the 16th and am still awaiting shipping?

Yup, still waiting for them to ship the coffeemaker I ordered.

waznrvt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waznrvt

yeah im still waiting on shipping as well

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

The Thanksgiving holiday may be causing some issues here. Give it another day to see if you see tracking information. If not, you can email support@woot.com for an update. Include your woot username & order number for faster service. It can take one to two business days for a reply.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe

Still waiting... 10 Business days and half a month later no shipping... Contacted woot and they said just keep waiting...

inkycatz

DarkZrobe wrote:Still waiting... 10 Business days and half a month later no shipping... Contacted woot and they said just keep waiting...

We've pinged them upon your behalf to see what we can find out.