2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

labrat0017

quality posts: 9 Private Messages labrat0017

Got this last time, I really like it. The clip is nice, it opens smoothly with one hand, and is not ugly. What more do you want in an eight dollar knife?

shavelikeaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shavelikeaman

I picked up this knife from a woot plus deal not too long ago. A really like it. Nice finish, good heft, and a sharp blade. Plus, I like the size of the blade; its bigger than my other CRKT knives but it is still very pocketable. I've got a decent collection of pocket knives, but this is the one I've been finding myself grabbing most often.

jackruby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackruby

I also bought this last time around, both versions, it is a very good knife. I only had one problem with the serrated one, with it not staying locked open.

breaddrink

quality posts: 20 Private Messages breaddrink

I'm stuck wanting more assisted openers.
They're ridiculously satisfying to open.

I think I'm a serial killer.

nekojan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nekojan

Bought this for 9.99 last time :/
Very happy with the purchase until now that the price is cheaper.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

breaddrink wrote:I'm stuck wanting more assisted openers.
They're ridiculously satisfying to open.

I think I'm a serial killer.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

O_loung1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages O_loung1

unless you are buying multiple pairs of this knife to save on shipping, this knife is at the most $1.00 cheaper then other outlets.

mizzellmichael

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mizzellmichael

I have the straight blade one. It is a very high quality knife. I think I may just go ahead and order another. Not because I worry this one may break, but because the knife will out last me and I may eventually lose it. I like it so much, I am more than happy to have a spare.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
O_loung1 wrote:unless you are buying multiple pairs of this knife to save on shipping, this knife is at the most $1.00 cheaper then other outlets.

"Pairs of knives?"

SparkyT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SparkyT

They are a bit bigger and heavier than the CRKT knives I've had in the past, but I still really like the ones I bought during the last Woot Off. Definitely worth the price, I'll probably buy one or two as Christmas presents.

elvo123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elvo123
ThunderThighs wrote:

Awesome apple carving. Impressed.

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
mdnorman wrote:"Pairs of knives?"

"Pairing" knives?

wsjackson5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wsjackson5

Agreed. I bought one of these a few weeks ago and it is one of the best quality knifes I have ever owned. Very sharp.

gnetwerker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gnetwerker

Can anyone comment on the rust-resistance of this particular chromoly alloy?

elvo123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elvo123
O_loung1 wrote:unless you are buying multiple pairs of this knife to save on shipping, this knife is at the most $1.00 cheaper then other outlets.

Compared to Amazon, this is a lot cheaper even with free prime shipping. Searching the specific models they are a bit over $17 each. In for 2, one straight and one partially-serrated.

seachongo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages seachongo

Would you mind sharing the names of the other outlets you mentioned? I'd like to get this for myself, Dad and brothers, but can only buy 3 here. The cheapest I can find elsewhere is ~ $15.
Thanks

tpfortin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tpfortin

I bought one of these a few weeks ago when they were on sale here on Woot, and man, I'm thrilled with it! Best $8 I ever spent! I don't know how I lived without it to tell you the truth. It's just the perfect size - not too small, and not too big, opens and closes easily but locks up nice and firmly. I'm THRILLED with this knife and now carry it everywhere. You won't be disappointed with this knife! BUY IT!!

digitalurbancamo

quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo

Tarrana1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Tarrana1
jackruby wrote:I also bought this last time around, both versions, it is a very good knife. I only had one problem with the serrated one, with it not staying locked open.

I bought 3 last round, 2 straight blades and a serrated one. Both straight blades opened and closed fine. The 1 serrated blade did not want to lock either. I had to do a fair amount of opening and forcing it to "click" by pushing in the bar as it would not go all the way ynder the bend of the knife. It still wont, but it seems to lock every time now. Was extremely disappointed in that and dont know if you can ever really "trust" it to stay locked since it will not go all the way in like the straight edged ones do.

ranscobia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ranscobia

Picked up 3 of these last time for $10.00 each. Gave them all away as gifts. Christmas will be here soon so I better stock up. In for three more.

simmonbk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simmonbk

I'm in for 3 1 straight and 2 serrated! Keeping one for muhself and saving two for two of my buds for Christmas. Not too shabby.

rjsdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjsdad

Dear Woot,

Please have someone from legal review your shipping policies to the greater NY area. If you want to outlaw shipping to NYC that is fine, but holding out on almost everyone upstate and on Long Island is unnecessary and costing you business.

I can buy the same knife from your parent company (Amazon) and ship it to my door without any legal problems what so ever.

On behalf of almost every NY wooter.

Sincerely,

This guy.

PS - out of the zip codes in NY that you DO actually ship to, it includes two towns/cities that border queens, but not ones 50+ miles away.

pdesimone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pdesimone

I have a Kershaw partially serrated blade knife, also via Woot!, which is razor sharp out of the box. Compared to the Kershaw, this CRKT Pazoda (I have the partially serrated version, also from Woot!) is not very sharp. The size is great though and I love the one-handed opening/closing. Closing it safely with one hand takes a little practice, but I haven't cut myself yet (perhaps because it's not that sharp?)...

mrln

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrln
seachongo wrote:Would you mind sharing the names of the other outlets you mentioned? I'd like to get this for myself, Dad and brothers, but can only buy 3 here. The cheapest I can find elsewhere is ~ $15.
Thanks

Psst. (looks around) Hey buddy....

It's limit 3 per account. *per* _account_.

Should be little to nothing stopping you from having more than one woot account, unless they changed something with the facelift/beta. Don't expect the $5 all day shipping to cross over obviously.

Just saying.

ie this is my posting and backup account. They still sent me gear after they took my money.

WootieTwoShoes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WootieTwoShoes
rjsdad wrote:Dear Woot,

Please have someone from legal review your shipping policies to the greater NY area. If you want to outlaw shipping to NYC that is fine, but holding out on almost everyone upstate and on Long Island is unnecessary and costing you business.

I can buy the same knife from your parent company (Amazon) and ship it to my door without any legal problems what so ever.

Sincerely,

This guy.

PS - out of the zip codes in NY that you DO actually ship to, it includes two towns/cities that border queens, but not ones 50+ miles away.

This. A thousand times. I've tried 3 relatives' locations outside NYC...and it still won't let me ship there.

drawninward

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drawninward

I missed this knife last time around and was kicking myself. Now, it's back and cheaper? Thank you Woot!

In for four! Stocking stuffers, check!

Caltsar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caltsar

I bought this knife previously and it's very nice! Not the sharpest out of the box, but it sharpens well and holds its edge when you do sharpen it. The frame lock on this knife is also very strong.

rcm1301

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rcm1301

bought 3 last time and are very happy. In for 4 more. Pity that sounds close to 4 more years of Obama

andrewburke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andrewburke

Bought the half serrated version last time. It locked and still locks just fine for me. Love the knife, it fits just perfectly in my pocket. I wish it were sharper otb, but for the price you can't beat it. It gives you the opportunity to learn how to sharpen your own knives!

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

Well don't I feel silly for paying $9.99 a month ago... :/

Either way its's a great knife and I've enjoyed it. The deep pocket clip helps it go unnoticed and it feels sturdy and high quality. I bought two then, one fore me, one for a X-mas gift. Very tempted to get another 2 or 3 as extra gifts.

Comes in nice box too.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

rjsdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjsdad
WootieTwoShoes wrote:This. A thousand times. I've tried 3 relatives' locations outside NYC...and it still won't let me ship there.

It will ship to Floral Park and Elmont - that much I can tell you.

What's really weird though - parts of the Floral Park/Belrose area (and zipcode) is actually Queens technically, and thus under NYC rules - but no problem shipping there.

But Cthulhu forbid you try to get this out in Ronkonkoma or up in Rochester.

Tas718

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tas718

Was in for 4 until I saw that they won't ship to Crooklyn, NY.

Tas

Tas718

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tas718

...and not to East Meadow either. That's a shame. :-(

Tas

jbenjimin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbenjimin
rjsdad wrote:Dear Woot,

Sincerely,

This guy.

50+ Miles away... I'm about as far from NYC as you can be and still be in NY (North of Niagara Falls), and I can't order one either.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma

Damn, Woot is making xmas shopping easy this year. I'm in for 4.

theCan

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theCan

It's hard not to buy one of these at this price point.

lol; w00t

Deucer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Deucer

Bought one last time on a Woot-off since i already had free shipping. Difficult to open one handed, and the blade is a little small for my liking. Looks nice.

BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM
gnetwerker wrote:Can anyone comment on the rust-resistance of this particular chromoly alloy?

Chromoly has about 1% chromium; 8Cr14MoV has 14% chromium, putting it solidly in the stainless category.

It's not H1 or anything, but it's ok; roughly on par with 440C or AUS8. My Cara Cara (8Cr13MoV, should be slightly less rust-resistant) has no rust at all after a few years, and I'm not particularly kind to my knives, but they don't see salt water.

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

I've lost track of the number of knives I've purchased from woot, but I still find myself ripping open packages with my bare hands. I guess I should carry one of my many knives around in my pocket at all times. Yep... That's the ticket. And leave one in the glove box of each car, one on the desk, one in the picnic basket, a couple in the camp gear bins, and the others stashed around in various strategic locations. What the heck is it with these sharp objects?!