zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Here is a review from Do It Tennis

Another one from tennis express

vagrant10

quality posts: 10 Private Messages vagrant10

Looks like the racket is rated as an S8 in the Head power scale which confirms what the reviewers said in the videos; that this racket generates a lot of power (at some expense of control) and is suited for those who have a shorter swing stroke.

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

Review...
For those that like a lightweight and maneuverable racquet, this one is great. Note - this racket is geared towards those that need more power (or rather, are looking for more power) out of their swing and usually do not generate a lot on their own.

It is comfortable, has a nice blend of power-to-control ratio and easily able to put spin on the ball...I'd recommend for those newer to the game...

[EDIT] - removed the recommended NTRP comment which pretty much is summed up in the vids. Don't want to sound like a broken record, repeating what they said!

===========
I was hoping this was the heavier one and it would be a BUY (for me) as I'm a heavy baseline player...sometimes serve and volley

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

hookhams wrote:Review...
For those that like a lightweight and maneuverable racquet....

Could you link to the review, please? It lets others read the full review.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44

In for one. I could always use more power!

dbnkrn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dbnkrn

I'm tempted to buy it in hopes that it will encourage more tennis woots. A nice deal on a case of ball would be great!

joshshaman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joshshaman

S8 is pure power. My friend had an S8. I couldn't consistently keep it in play, but I could smash serves. I had an S1 or S2. I kept that one in play almost always, but certainly lost some power.

I'd say an S8 is equivalent to getting one of those golf drivers with a 460CC head. It gives you a big sweet spot and some power. However, if you're able to hit a sweet spot well anyhow, control might be more important. Depends on your skill level and needs. Head makes good racquets : )

dbnkrn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dbnkrn

This racquet is $129.00 on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/
No reviews there but this is a quality stick. A fairly large head with lots of pop.

nematheydary

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nematheydary

At 115sq. inches, this racket is obviously for a blind person. Serious players don't need any more than 95sq. inches. If you're old or a beginner, this is the racket for you. If you are getting this for an experienced athlete, DON'T!

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
nematheydary wrote:At 115sq. inches, this racket is obviously for a blind person. Serious players don't need any more than 95sq. inches. If you're old or a beginner, this is the racket for you. If you are getting this for an experienced athlete, DON'T!

Agreed. I think this raquet would be great for someone whose in between fly balls and topspin serves. Great to learn on but once you've got your placement down, you'll probably start looking at something with tighter control...although some tightly strung synthetic gut/kevlar strings would probably help this raquet out considerably.

Heres a good discussion on strings, OP is using this raquet, read on til post #17 to find that out.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=404468

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91

I hate to pass on this. I was told when I was younger never to pass on a chance for Head because then you are always one behind.

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

bamahacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bamahacker

http://www.usta.com/Play-Tennis/USTA-League/Information/1655_General_Characteristics_of_Various_NTRP_Playing_Levels/
A NTRP 2.5 or 3.0 could use this frame. It will increase ability at the net and serve. As you move up in ability to 3.5, then consider the Head youtek 102 frame or my frame of choice is the Wilson BLX Blade team (104 in and 11.4 oz weight). I am an older player on the way down. Once a solid 4.5, now a weak 4.0 looking to bump down to 3.5 so that I can dominate again.

mreynolds179

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179

I would like to get something for my wife to play tennis with me. Is this a unisex racket or does it matter? Based on the other reviews,the larger area would help her hit the ball but what other factors should I look at for a racquet?

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
mreynolds179 wrote:I would like to get something for my wife to play tennis with me. Is this a unisex racket or does it matter? Based on the other reviews,the larger area would help her hit the ball but what other factors should I look at for a racquet?

There's really no difference. My wife is very small and she's played with the same racquet I do since we were in high school. This would be great for her. Being an oversized raquet, it will have a large sweet spot so theres more room for error. It's got a high power rating which I'm sure she'll appreciate. It's also fairly lightweight which is a plus for most. I'd advise replacing the strings though.

crswerd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crswerd

This is for the older player who lost the speed in their swing. Never retailed for $200. But good price for probably 3.0-3.5 older player who likes to chip and slice their way to victory.

russela

quality posts: 4 Private Messages russela

Ummm...tempting but my Yonex R22's are still working well for me.

jikkme

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jikkme

Would this be an improvement over my Wilson T2000?

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91
jikkme wrote:Would this be an improvement over my Wilson T2000?

Steel is real.

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

probey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages probey

Another good purchase....great deal on this racket...