7%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

cappo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages cappo

Who looked at the features and read "Classic Bad Design" instead of "Classic Bed Design?"

Be honest.

Wagnbat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Wagnbat

Got one of these shipped last time yo FPO... Thanks Woot!

33 years old, military, back problems after a back injury last year. Occasionally have bad back pain... Sometimes after PT, sometimes when waking up in the morning. A couple minutes on this bad boy makes whatever pain I have at the time disappears. Visited the chiropractor 6 times fter my injury, still think they are quacks. Have used this more than 6 times and find that:
1. Better than a Chiropractor
2. Has already paid for itself in 5 minute sessions which I chiropractor normally charges $35 for.

Recommend for anyone with normal back muscle/spine pain. Some research suggests people with specific or acute disorders may not be helped by inversion tables. Ask your doc if you are not sure/comfortable.

Secunza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Secunza
Wagnbat wrote:...Occasionally have bad back pain... Sometimes after PT, sometimes when waking up in the morning....

The problem with acronyms:

a) PT = Physical Therapy
b) PT = Personal Training
c) PT = Pacific Time
d) PT = Pop Tarts
e) None of the above

schon90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schon90
Secunza wrote:The problem with acronyms:

a) PT = Physical Therapy
c) PT = Pacific Time
d) PT = Pop Tarts
e) None of the above

Physical training

MasterWill

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MasterWill

Assembly Instructions: http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Files/pdfs/sr-250_ai_1211.pdf

Owner's Manual: http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Files/pdfs/sr-250_om_1211.pdf

Woot! Watcher - Woot! tracking the way it should be.

mitchdevry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchdevry

Had one of these for 10 years - when we moved overseas I didn't take it with...biggest regret of everything I didn't take. I'm looking now into shipping this to my sister and having her send it to me - it is the greatest invention for back pain on the planet.

Holy Cow.

florabama

quality posts: 1 Private Messages florabama

Is there any research on using this if you suffer from acid reflux? Sounds like a joke but it's a serious question. I would love to have one of these, but I take OTC stuff for acid reflux and am afraid turning upside down would aggravate the heartburn. Does anyone with AR use one of these and how does it affect your AR?

tscottme

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tscottme

I was surprised once when I used my inversion table about 30 minutes after eating and it felt like the food would come back up if I stayed on the table as long as I planned.

I suspect you can minimize potential problem with AR by using table before eating, not using it all the way toward vertical, and returning upright at any suggestion of AR problem.

You can try a test and stand on your head and see what happens. Many new inversion table users think these things only allow hanging upside down, while you can limit how much the table reclines from level all the way to vertical. In fact, it's usually recommended you not start out hanging vertical until you have worked up to vertical.

I find I get most of the benefit of inversion simply by hanging on a chin-up bar. But I don't have arm or shoulder problems either.

lucasmini

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lucasmini

Never tried one and it says nothing about how easy or hard it is to get back to normal verticle. Am I gonna get stuck upside-down?

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig
lucasmini wrote:Never tried one and it says nothing about how easy or hard it is to get back to normal verticle. Am I gonna get stuck upside-down?

Same question, I live alone & worried my last image is upside down!

rottie1lover

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rottie1lover

You won't get stuck. There's a technique to getting back upright. Not complicated, and it's described in the manual. Also, the amount of inversion is adjustable; you don't have to go completely vertical if you don't want to. And... also per the manual, inversion benefits are obtained even when angled slightly below horizontal- you don't have to hang like a bat.

snosbig wrote:Same question, I live alone & worried my last image is upside down!

eldontyrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eldontyrell
lucasmini wrote:Never tried one and it says nothing about how easy or hard it is to get back to normal verticle. Am I gonna get stuck upside-down?

Just bought a used one last week. You adjust it so that your center of gravity is directly over the pivot and if you do it correctly it's very easy to rotate. There are also a number of settings that make it easier or harder to rotate based on your preference. I find it very easy to get on and off.

Also I was very surprised at the quality. I was kinda worried that this thing would wobble all over the place but it's very sturdy and well built.

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85
Secunza wrote:The problem with acronyms:

a) PT = Physical Therapy
c) PT = Pacific Time
d) PT = Pop Tarts
e) None of the above

He's a military guy! The military loves their acronyms!

daddyjordan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daddyjordan

Hasn't this thing been on the woot plus section of sport.woot all week?

Is the future of the daily woot whatever didn't sell in the woot plus?

Maybe this comment is in the wrong section but I saw the rawlings long sleeve shirt show up on the daily woot after it had been in the woot plus section as well.

Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

lebeatnik

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lebeatnik

I have the newest model of this device. I was in a car accident and have several herniated disks and in general a bad back. I also have very bad acid reflux. First I can tell you that I have never had issues with my acid reflux using this machine although I never do full inversions as my back cant handle it right now I use the strap and invert to about 70 degrees. The only problems I would worry about is blood pressure and glaucoma as I only use mine for 10 min max as by that time my face becomes pretty red.

Although anyone with back pain (this does not work well for neck pain and it helps lower back most)I would highly suggest buying the newer model it is more expensive but if you have back pain its worth it. The new version has an adjustable lumbar stretcher which IMO is worth the extra money. I have seen just the lumbar stretcher online for almost $100.

Also the new model has the ability to lock your feet in so their is no stress on your ankles.

Lastly I used I chiropractor for a year after my back injury after I stopped treatment I purchased one of these and it has helped with minor back pain (it wont stop spasms or locked up backs) the lumbar stretcher sometimes even pops my back.

In all if you are at all interested get the newer one and get the trial and if you don't like it you send it back and pay only $15 plus shipping and handling probably a lot its big and heavy.

This is also a very old model and I prefer the plastic tables over the fabric covered as it helps movement while stretching. The plastic model also has a nice memory foam head pad. IMO sorry woot but stay away from this particular item. When you buy something like this its not something to skimp on. Just the fact the new one has locking ankle supports is enough for me I would this it would be terrible to fall off one of these doing a stretch.

All my opinion but as I approve of the product I don't approve of this model when a better one is available.

colliesrus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colliesrus
snosbig wrote:Same question, I live alone & worried my last image is upside down!

My doctor suggested I get an inversion table last week so I went this past weekend to some stores to try them out because I was concerned about the same thing. As long as you adjust it for your height, you will have no trouble getting upright again.

jl3comp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jl3comp
florabama wrote:Is there any research on using this if you suffer from acid reflux? Sounds like a joke but it's a serious question. I would love to have one of these, but I take OTC stuff for acid reflux and am afraid turning upside down would aggravate the heartburn. Does anyone with AR use one of these and how does it affect your AR?

I've had AR for over a decade and take 40MG of Omeprezal daily. This causes no issue with that. You won't be in it long enough to worry about it. Just a couple of minutes does the trick. Great product for back pain sufferers.

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

hmm - I don't see how this is such a good deal - I bought a no name inversion table online at the big A - and payed around $100- it works well and is not flimsy - there are no features on these things - they hang you upside down - that is pretty much it - it is pretty safe to use them and really work well if you have back pain from spinal compression - these things are heavy and bulky though - I love the models that fold somewhat flat

stringali

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stringali

You are in total control when on this inversion table. The control is in your arm movement. Once you get the "Hang" of it (No pun intended) you will find that you will be in control. Start by slowly bringing one arm over your head and see how the incline increases, then go to the other arm and do the same....to a point where you are comfortable. If you get the sense of blood rushing to your head, or too much incline, simply bring your arms back up to your side. There is also a strap that prevents complete inversion, even though you can remove that strap and still with ease, but some push, get back to the upright position. The most important step before anything is using the correct height setting.