0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

pupyluvr

quality posts: 49 Private Messages pupyluvr

I thought it said Dipstick and was going to say that sounds about right.

catwoman999

quality posts: 20 Private Messages catwoman999

These things are fun and cool, but aren't as easy to use as you might think -- they definitely require some practice!

The Woot price is considerably cheaper than Amazon's price. We've had one for a few years, and I know we didn't pay anywhere near the current third party seller's price when we bought ours. I think we paid around $60 on sale, but I honestly can't remember for sure.

Here are some reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Razor-15055098-RipStik-Caster-Board/dp/B000YJPD4A

BethInAK

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BethInAK

Dear Woot,
I have no idea what things to buy my 7 year old for Chanukah and Christmas this year, but it seems you do.

Keep 'em coming.

catwoman999

quality posts: 20 Private Messages catwoman999
BethInAK wrote:Dear Woot,
I have no idea what things to buy my 7 year old for Chanukah and Christmas this year, but it seems you do.

Keep 'em coming.

Unless your 7 year old is very athletic or is already pretty good on a skateboard, this thing may be way too difficult. If you haven't already ordered it, you might want to try to find some YouTube videos showing it in action. It's quite a bit more complex than a normal skateboard.

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo
catwoman999 wrote:Unless your 7 year old is very athletic or is already pretty good on a skateboard, this thing may be way too difficult. If you haven't already ordered it, you might want to try to find some YouTube videos showing it in action. It's quite a bit more complex than a normal skateboard.

It actually says "for 8 and up" in the instructions, which has turned out to be very handy for the 7-yr-old daredevil down the street as a reason for me to avoid a potential lawsuit... Sorry little Timmy, you're too small to ride! I bought it for my 10-yr old's birthday in September, and ended up giving it to him early because he wanted a "real" skateboard instead for his birthday present, but didn't tell me until I'd already ordered the Ripstik. He has the hybrid razor/ripstik and it is easy, so I thought he'd like the full ripstik, but he still can't figure out how to make it go after two, almost three months. The neighborhood kids take turns sitting with their butts on one end and their feet on the other and pushing along with their hands. Not exactly what I expected, but as long as they're having fun, right?

mfaughn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mfaughn

I know a third grader that has been tearing it up on one of these for probably a year already. It isn't out of the question that a seven year old can ride one of these.

jsavage58

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jsavage58

It seriously just takes practice and a few hours of trying. My son has one and zips all over the gdam place with it. He's 8 and his two friends go up and down sidewalks and driveways. Bad parenting side note; he has trouble staying on the deck so I let him do it barefoot. Not lying, it works. It took time but once it clicked I couldn't keep him off it

normynull

quality posts: 1 Private Messages normynull

We bought these for my boys (8 & 10). The 10-yr-old said "it's impossible" and wanted to quit. But after about an hour of practice he started getting it. Now he uses it nearly every day and loves it, zipping up and down hills like he was born with casters on his feet (I think he likes to show off for the neighbor girls). The 8-yr-old still struggles with it and would rather ride a bike. He could get it if he tried, but it's "hard" so he gave up. My 39-yr-old (me) tried it once and nearly through out his back. He'll never try again.

They really are pretty slick once the kid figures out how to work it. Price seems about right.

midairking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages midairking
normynull wrote:We bought these for my boys (8 & 10). The 10-yr-old said "it's impossible" and wanted to quit. But after about an hour of practice he started getting it. Now he uses it nearly every day and loves it, zipping up and down hills like he was born with casters on his feet (I think he likes to show off for the neighbor girls). The 8-yr-old still struggles with it and would rather ride a bike. He could get it if he tried, but it's "hard" so he gave up. My 39-yr-old (me) tried it once and nearly through out his back. He'll never try again.

They really are pretty slick once the kid figures out how to work it. Price seems about right.

These things are a DEATH trap. Unless your Christmas present is an early trip to the GRAVE i'd advise you all to stay away from these things.

They're considerably easier to get used to then a skateboard actually. Simply because you don't have to push to make it go. But you can't stop once you're on it. YOU CAN'T.

Don't even think about going downhill. You'll die. Or do what I did, and find yourself speeding downhill at 50MPH towards traffic and doing a sharp 180 only to fly 10 feet off the board.

nrandal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nrandal

I would get this if we didn't already have 3. Death trap, I think not? why would you go down a steep hill?

Not hard to learn if someone helps you. Have someone hold your arms for balance while you learn the mechanics. once you have that down, then learn to start from a stop on your own.

tlrowe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tlrowe

I am 51 - and although I rode a skateboard back in the Jurassic age, I haven't been on one since. Coincidentally, I got on one of these yesterday - keep in mind I am 5'7" and 220# - and I was riding fairly well - I could stay on for about 100 ft within a half an hour.
and I am not really very coordinated...

mistereff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistereff

So I am 21 and currently in college and wasn't going to get this because it seems kind of childish but after all of the reviews saying it feels like snowboarding I really wanted to get it so I managed to jump in before it sold out. I hope it makes campus commuting a little quicker and more fun.

momofbcandconner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages momofbcandconner

I got mine 2 days ago and I love it. I recently moved to Florida and I want to go snowboarding but I don’t think I am going to make it anytime soon so I was hoping this would get rid of the snowboarding bug I had with this. It is great, easy to learn, it took about 3 hours to get good enough to be able to get on without holding on to anything. It reminds me a lot of snowboarding.
Thanks WOOT!