inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I'm not talking cheerleading squad, or drill team/dance squad (though if you were one of those folks, by all means chime on in). I'm talking about the folks who made the signs, yelled along with the cheerleaders, usually sat next to the band and generally helped with school spirit - those folks.

I love pep clubs. They really make a game fun and keep things moving even during the most terrible game.

Did your school have a pep club? Were you in it? Feel free to share some of your (clean) fight songs, cheers, and mascots of days gone by... or we could make fun of our old school mascots, I mean, I had a hornet. Insects are not inspiring. Really. Look at it below. (I need to go over to this thread and revise history for a cooler mascot.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Of course I was in the pep club. Almost everyone was. Do they still have pep rallies? No one, repeat, no one will beat our mascot. We were the Grape Pickers!

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pooflady wrote:Of course I was in the pep club. Almost everyone was. Do they still have pep rallies? No one, repeat, no one will beat our mascot. We were the Grape Pickers!

I'm not sure! Perhaps we need someone younger than us to let us know "how the kids do it these days".

I'm just hanging out, really.