WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Goal Zero Outdoor Electronics

You know what's annoying about outside: you can walk for MILES and not find a SINGLE power outlet. And no matter how many strongly-worded letters you send to nature, nobody ever  puts one in. Maybe someday this'll change, but we're not holding our breath. Instead, we're getting some of these Goal Zero outdoor electronics.
Goal Zero official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Hey, read what a fellow community member had to say about the Goal Zero Escape 150 power pack right here.

I'm just hanging out, really.

slykly1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slykly1

My wife got me a package deal for christmas that included the 150 Escape battery pack with its 15 watt solar panel. Included as well was the light a life and rock out speaker. I had a little problem with the battery at first, it would only charge my cell a few times before going dead. I live close to their next office and they replaced it on the spot. High quality product line that makes camping a little more comfortable for those who like a few electronic luxuries while roughing it.

jstsmegy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jstsmegy

If I only had waited for Woot.

I bought the Goal Zero set up in April. I paid more, dang.

I left it on the roof of the car and drove off. I retreived the pannel and it still works. I left it in the rain the other day. I dried it off and it still works.

I take this stuff camping and I love it. Its tough and works good in a pinch.

woosa74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woosa74

I was wondering if anyone has used this with a CPAP machine. If so, could you tell me how it did for you. We are going camping and now having a machine that is needed (err) we have to get a portable battery. Thanks

sirspa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sirspa
woosa74 wrote:I was wondering if anyone has used this with a CPAP machine. If so, could you tell me how it did for you. We are going camping and now having a machine that is needed (err) we have to get a portable battery. Thanks

I got the battery in a previous woot. The power goes out frequently here and I wanted a battery back-up for my CPAP. I did a test run one night and it worked flawlessly and gave me a good night's sleep. If used for camping or extended use, might need two or a good way to recharge it. I have a Respironics Remstar M Series.

etherium

quality posts: 23 Private Messages etherium

Awww. I missed out on getting a Lantern or a Light-Up-Life Light. I had really wanted those to have ready in case of a hurricane. Since you sold out before the first day ended perhaps you might replenish the sales stock? ;)

I'm picking up a Solar Panel to experiment with. Bought the battery last week. Looking forward to receiving them.

Thanks Goal Zero and I hope you have more sales in the future on your equipment!

fcheung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fcheung

I missed on purchasing the solar panel.
I did buy the escape 150 last week came in today and works great.
Is woot going to sell any more of the solar panels any time soon?

ajkclark

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ajkclark
woosa74 wrote:I was wondering if anyone has used this with a CPAP machine. If so, could you tell me how it did for you. We are going camping and now having a machine that is needed (err) we have to get a portable battery. Thanks

The guy is kind of boring, but here is a review for cpap use: http://www.cpaplibrary.com/accessories-education

toddles12

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddles12

The Boulder 15 Solar Panel went too fast!!!! I missed it! Please, Goal Zero, bring this deal back sometime soon - I bought the battery and this would be a great companion.

Either way, awesome product!

whataworld

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whataworld

Dear Woot, I would like more Solar Charger thingies because we all know the zombies are coming. I try not to think about how we will charge things if the sun is unavailable.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

whataworld wrote:Dear Woot, I would like more Solar Charger thingies because we all know the zombies are coming. I try not to think about how we will charge things if the sun is unavailable.

Scary thought. Now I won't be able to sleep tonight. Thanks.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

HairlessBeachApe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HairlessBeachApe

Did they only have 10 units to sell? I tried at 5am EDT and they are all gone.

Anyone have any idea when things go up on the site? I thought it used to be midnight but it doesn't seem to be that way any more. Based on the woot bot post it almost looks like this was put up yesterday mid morning. I think I will have to adjust my time for visiting the site.

slowsteve

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slowsteve
HairlessBeachApe wrote:Did they only have 10 units to sell? I tried at 5am EDT and they are all gone.

They couldn't have had very many in stock. :-( But of course, some entrepreneurs bought 3.

clark106

quality posts: 2 Private Messages clark106
toddles12 wrote:The Boulder 15 Solar Panel went too fast!!!! I missed it! Please, Goal Zero, bring this deal back sometime soon - I bought the battery and this would be a great companion.

Either way, awesome product!

Agreed!!!

thehirsches

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thehirsches

I also missed the solar panels. Got a trip coming up in August so hoping to see another sale soon.

wootod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wootod
HairlessBeachApe wrote:Did they only have 10 units to sell? I tried at 5am EDT and they are all gone.

Anyone have any idea when things go up on the site? ...

looks like most woot plus sales start at 9:00amCT, but check time on main link. this one started yesterday morning

RomeoJN

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RomeoJN
wootod wrote:looks like most woot plus sales start at 9:00amCT, but check time on main link. this one started yesterday morning

Every once in a while you can find them at a local store (they were doing a demo at Costco in the Milwaukee area a couple months ago) and they had a huge package discount, even cheaper than buying here. Go to their website and see if they have any shows coming near you if you want this stuff. Usually can buy the battery, a set of panels, a lantern, and one or two other accessories in a large package, or the small panels, the battery, and a set of charging cables (I think the small one was around $150 when I bought it from their display).

jhdale

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jhdale

That was quite the tease. Been waiting for this since the Escape 150 came up. Still waiting now I guess.

PS: I would totally take a Nomad 13.5 or 27 instead.

djbowman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages djbowman

I bought this on the last woot to use with our CPAPS. They worked great ! I ran one with humidifier it lasted for about 4 hours but the one without humidifier ran for 2 nights (roughly 13 hours) before dying.

ishoplive

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ishoplive

This may be a good deal. It do a lot of help outside.

thevikingartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevikingartist

Aw man I would've loved one of the small ones. It's nice to have a charged phone when you are out on an adventure and may need to call for help. Need to remember to check this more often.