WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Fila Skele-toes

Skele-toes! It's not just the name of a super villain anymore! And it never was. No, the first guy to ever put pen to napkin and write the 9 letters that form Skele-toes probably worked in Fila's marketing department. But even if there was a super villain, these would still be more comfortable, feet-wise.
Fila official site

2xhero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2xhero

I have been interested in buying some Skele-toes to use as pool shoes for quite a while, but I hadn't found a good price yet.

At first, I was a bit disappointed that the Watermoc was only available for women. After Googling around, I found that quite a few stores have the trifit in their water shoes section, so I'm going to give them a try anyway.

And just to point out the obvious, you need individual toe socks for the running shoes.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
2xhero wrote:I have been interested in buying some Skele-toes to use as pool shoes for quite a while, but I hadn't found a good price yet.

At first, I was a bit disappointed that the Watermoc was only available for women. After Googling around, I found that quite a few stores have the trifit in their water shoes section, so I'm going to give them a try anyway.

And just to point out the obvious, you need individual toe socks for the running shoes.

I imagine foot measurement is really the most important here.

I'm just hanging out, really.

xochiluvr

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr
inkycatz wrote:The official recommendation on these is if you wear a half size, for optimal fit, go up a half size.

I wear a size 12W. I have a pair of skeletoes size 13. In width, they're three sizes too small, in length, only the two toes that get pushed together by the shoes even make it to their slot. Very uncomfortable. These are built for narrow, long feet and long toes.

I'll admit I've got feet that are difficult to find comfy shoes for. However, I have 2 pair of vibram five fingers (two different models) which fit just fine. Even if they look silly. I upvote Crocs deals on general principle, too, so there.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

My feet are shaped nothing like these shoes. If you were to trace my foot with a pencil, the resulting shape would be a short rectangle. For an illustration plese see:

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

as a really pathetic runner, i go back & forth wondering if i should invest in funny footy shoes.

i mean, 15 years from now, will my bits & pieces be all inflamed and miserable as a result of these? will i look at them and go, "man, what was i thinking?!"

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

migelito

quality posts: 9 Private Messages migelito
PemberDucky wrote:as a really pathetic runner, i go back & forth wondering if i should invest in funny footy shoes.

i mean, 15 years from now, will my bits & pieces be all inflamed and miserable as a result of these? will i look at them and go, "man, what was i thinking?!"

if running makes your bits & pieces inflamed and miserable, you are doing it wrong, HAHA. At least wear more supportive undergarments.