WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

New Balance Heart Rate Monitors

A lot of monitors will take your heart rate by having you hold your fingers to two electrodes. Not these New Balances! No, these bad boys use a chest strap! Why? Because your heart's in your chest, not your fingers. C'mon, that's just basic human biology.
New Balance official site

gator5000e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gator5000e
ThunderThighs wrote:

Hey, feel free to start discussing!

Are these compatible with Polar 31+ heart chest straps which I already own? If anyone knows. NB site says nothing. Thanks.

Xiola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xiola

How does a woman with big....tracts of land go about using the chest straps, exactly?

~X

alextse

quality posts: 24 Private Messages alextse

Same question here. The Polar straps are just so comfortable! That would cinch the deal for me.

gator5000e wrote:Are these compatible with Polar 31+ heart chest straps which I already own? If anyone knows. NB site says nothing. Thanks.

willeet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willeet
Xiola wrote:How does a woman with big....tracts of land go about using the chest straps, exactly?

The strap fits under the big...tracts of land. At about the same level as the bra band, or just slightly below. (Commenting as the owner/operator of both an HRM and lady parts)

Xiola

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xiola
willeet wrote:The strap fits under the big...tracts of land. At about the same level as the bra band, or just slightly below. (Commenting as the owner/operator of both an HRM and lady parts)

Ahhh. Ok. Sounds rather unpleasant but thank you for clearing that up.

~X

FreakzRUs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FreakzRUs
Xiola wrote:Ahhh. Ok. Sounds rather unpleasant but thank you for clearing that up.

The straps fit beneath the acreage, and are not at all unpleasant. You tend to forget you have it on, especially if you are also wearing a bra...and if you're exercising, and have ample acreage, you probably should be...

I have a question...do these count the calories based on body weight/age/gender, or is it just generic?